Sunday, December 9, 2007

Be still, and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

Be Still My Soul
Words: Katharina von Schlegel
Music: Jean Sibelius

Be still, my soul; the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul; thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul; thy God doth doth undertake
To guide the future as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright as last.
Be still, my soul; the waves and wind still know
His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below.

Be still, my soul; the hour is hast'ning on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul; when change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sarah, I enjoyed getting a chance to talk to you at church this morning. Who knows what this week will hold for your family! Maybe a new baby girl?!? I just wanted to tell you that I've been praying for you every morning and will continue to do so.