Tuesday, December 18, 2007

More from the Cook house






Ron and his girls





Well, I am so sorry that there seems to have been a miscommunication on the baby's picture, so you will have to settle for my home pictures.

Much has happened the past few days. Hope went to church for the first time Sunday evening. What a cold day to venture out!

Ron got a port put in today for his chemo, so that they won't have to keep poking him. He was having problems with blood clots, and he had an infection under his arm which is being treated with antibiotics, so hopefully this port will spare him of such problems in the future.

A dear church in the Cincinnati area, Kenwood Bible Methodist Church, has a youth group who decided to buy gifts for our family for Christmas... it was really sweet of John and Mary (the youth pastors) to stop by and deliver those yesterday. The girls had so much fun. Charity was horrified at one of her gifts at first... it was a dancing, Spanish-singing monkey. She just stood there saying, "I don't want it" over and over. We laughed so hard! Then, when she saw how much Faithy loved it, she decided she liked it too. Now, I think the thing might drive me crazy! The gifts were all so very nice... hope you enjoy the photos of last nights Christmas celebration! I heard another church has such things up their sleeve as well! Wow! I think I shall be in shock after this Christmas. Everyone has been so kind!

Besides feeling like someone beat me up, I am doing fine. Really, though, I am recovering pretty well, and I am so happy to have my little one here. By the way, never change your baby's diaper near a computer... my baby, well... let's just say my keyboard got a good cleaning today! Never saw that one coming! Ha!

A sweet moment took place here the other day when Faith and Charity decided to "have devotions" together and took turns "reading" their Bibles... copying what we do in Family Devotions. It was worth it all to see them "read" and pray together. Warmed this mama's heart!

Hope you enjoyed the pictures! Good night and God bless!

5 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So glad to find out that little Hope (?) is here safely!!! Praise the Lord! She's a cutie! I know that you are very happy to have her here in your arms before Christmas! So nice of that church to think of your family for Christmas! Cute monkey!

Hoping y'all are having a wonderful Christmas season!

Love and prayers, Heather and baby!

Unknown said...

So happy to see these pictures! Hope is so adorable. What a cute story about Faith and Charity having devotions! Hope you continue to recover quickly and I hope the port works out for Ron. Dan is working really long hours this week so I'll have to wait until Sunday to meet your baby.

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Glad to hear you are recovering well. Your girls are really cute. They seem to be enjoying Christmas a lot. I hope Ron is feeling some better. God bless and Merry Christmas!!

Dixie said...

Congratulations, I'm so glad Hope arrived safe and sound. She is a cutie.
Have a Merry Christmas.

Martha C said...

I was so excited to see these pictures!