Saturday, December 15, 2007

Welcome! Hope Christiana Cook

She arrived at almost 2:30pm on Thursday, December 13, 2007. I was induced 2 1/2 weeks before my due date given by ultrasound. There was a little scare at the end before she was delivered as the baby's heartrate dropped due to an umbilical cord being wrapped around her little body, but God helped it her to come before a c-section was necessary. Praise God! She weighed in at 8 lbs 1 oz... so, her weight was actually considered large for gestational age... so, the poor girl kept getting poked and checked for sugar problems. Her length was 20 1/4 inches. She is fine, and gorgeous! She seems so tiny to me and fragile. I wish they would stay small for a little longer sometimes. She loves eating, sleeping, and being held (sounds like many adults). I think she resembles her daddy most. Her hospital photo should be available within the next couple of days on www.GrowingFamily.com
Feel free to check it out!
Faith and Charity are so excited about her. The day before I went into the hospital, Faith fell into the coffee table, and we spent much of that Tuesday at Children's Hospital... it took many hours of waiting to get done something that only takes a few minutes. They glued her eyelid instead of stitching it in hopes that it would be a smaller scar. Don't worry, it wasn't that big of a cut... she is a little bruised though! I know it sounds like we love hospitals right now, but, really I would like to take a break from the action!
Ron has been a great help to me today... I even got a nap when I got home... I think I shall get more rest here than the hospital! It is good to be home!
Enjoy the snow! (All those who live near) It sounds like we will have plenty! By the way, my OB/GYN was in a minor accident today because of the weather when she was trying to get to the hospital to see me! Brave lady!
I am recovering pretty well. We thank you all for your prayers.

10 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey Congrats on the new one! I can't want to get back to church to see her.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new baby girl! Glad to hear she arrived safely. I can't wait to see her sometime soon. I'm glad you're getting plenty of rest - you deserve every bit of it!

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Congratulations Sarah and Ron!! I am so excited that you answered my message. You have beautiful children and I am so glad that Marianne gave me your blog page. Please take care of yourself...and we are praying for Ron. God has worked many miracles and He is still in the miracle working business. He can still touch and heal. Take care of that new baby girl. I look forward to seeing some pictures soon.

We are going to be in Ohio for Christmas and in Portsmouth on the 29th. We are looking forward to the trip. We have not been home for about 14 months. Tom's family have not seen Katie Lynn (well his mom and dad have seen her). I know that they are all excited about seeing the girls.

Take care and Merry Christmas. Love you lots. Gale

Belle said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you both and very thankful that things went so smoothly and Hope is doing fine!!

trakylynn said...

Congrats on your new baby girl. Cant wait to see pics of her. Glad to hear you are doing well and getting rest. Poor Ron is out numbered even more now. :) Tell him we are praying for him as well and the Lord is helping your family and we will continue to pray for you all! Take care and keep in touch!
Love ya and Miss ya

Anonymous said...

Praise God for good news!! So glad to hear little Hope made it safely and that you are doing well. What an appropriate name you have given her. Please know that you remain often in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you a wonderful Christmas season. Love you!

Constance said...

Congratulations. I'm happy everything went well with the baby. And that Ron is doing good. She is very cute. Get some rest and take care.

Heather said...

Congratulations!!! I am so glad your little girl is here. WE have been praying for you all.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations, Ron & Sarah! Oh, and congrats to the older sisters too! Can't forget them! :)

We're praying for you all right now!

Have a blessed Christmas!

Love - Jonathon, Stephanie & Madeline Phillips

Andy said...

Congrats, Sarah! Nice not to pregnant anymore, huh? I'm hoping that's the case for me for a long time. :o) Take care of yourself.
Andy