Friday, December 21, 2007

Thank you, dear churches, families, and friends!

Well, we got a downpour of a Christmas blessing from a kind church yesterday. Thank you to all who gave in that! I don't know really what to say, but I think I shall not run out of diapers for a very long time. Thank you to all those churches who have loved, given, and prayed for our family during this difficult time.

I really want to thank our church (Wesleyan Evangelistic Church), too, for they shower prayer, friendship, and listening ears, and they are walking through this with us... and, then, wow, all the many other churches praying for us... it just makes me want to cry and makes me so glad to be a part of the great family of God. Thank you, everyone for your notes, phone calls, etc., for they do cheer me so. By the way, I think Ron is saving those cards you are sending, for when he feels down, he can go back and read them again.

Mega-thanks to his parents! They've taxi driven us, cleaned our house, baby-sat, and did basically whatever we needed them to do the past couple of weeks.

We did enjoy the visit today from Ron's boss. Wow! Loved the card with all those signatures and notes. Thanks for all! I must say that I am verythankful for the job Ron had, because his insurance and catastrofic sick-leave is going to help us out majorly! We received a bill for $10 and some cents, and the rest of the bill was being paid by insurance and benefits... it was going to be 40 some thousand dollars so far. I know not everyone has insurance, and my heart does go out to you, because medical bills are huge these days! I think this will help me to pray harder for my dear friends who are in this situation. I don't know if we will always have these benefits either, so I am thankful for what we have now!

Today, Ron had his second chemo treatment. He really does well with them so far... mostly it saps his energy. But, really, I am impressed at how well he is.

I feel tons better today. I was having tremendous pains, but today I have felt worlds better, and even tried my first shopping trip with three little ones... It was an adventure to say the least, and I only bought five things! I worked on organizing my kitchen today, and did some other cleaning, as well. It feels good to have my energy back! Actually, I almost feel like staying up half the night doing more work... sounds crazy for somone who just had a baby 8 days ago, huh? You just have to understand that I went to church the day after I had Faith, and went IHC 6 days after I had Charity... really, I love church and God's people. I LOVE camp, revivals, etc., but do find ia little more difficult to hear a whole sermon these days. I am sure all those Mamas out there know what I mean. Anyway, I don't like to be down for long, so I praise God for the renewed energy.

Do keep in touch, and may ya'll have a very Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congatulations on your new little one! I'm so glad to hear how God is helping your family. BTW, I love reading your blog. Even when you might be discouraged, you have a way of encouraging the rest of us with your positive and humorous way of saying things. God bless you all and Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Wow, you're brave to try the shopping thing with all three! I know how good it feels just to get out sometimes though. Glad you have so many people helping you out in so many different ways. Hope to see you tomorrow! Can't wait to meet Hope!

Martha C said...

I am not sure if you are brave or crazy?! :-) Ha. You certainly bounce back quicker than I do!
Was glad to read the report.

Sarah Cook said...

Martha,
Yes, it was crazy! I got a little carried away!
Dorcas,
Thanks for the encouraging comment!
Julie,
Look forward to seeing ya'll as well. I will try to bring that stuff for ya!