Saturday, March 7, 2009

He missed it! How sweet!

Yesterday I forgot to put a note in Ron's lunch... I was too occupied making Rice Crispy treats before he left... yes, at 5 something in the morning (I had promised the girls some for breakfast anyway), and, was trying to hurry so he could have some in his lunch. In the meantime, I forgot to put a note in his lunch. We talk often for a minute or so on our cells as he makes his deliveries, and yesterday, he told me on the phone that he missed my note. Ooops! So, today, when he went to Cincinnati to do some work, and to drop off our messed up van (might be the transmission again! Grrr! The ancient van might just have to kick the bucket), I put two notes in his lunch. We'll see if that fixes things up a bit (can't much talk to him today while he works, because he is doing some tree work, and well, talking on the phone when you are in a tree with a chain saw is not a good idea!)
On another thought, I am rather disturbed! frustrated! angry! something! I am upset about the President trying to allow embronic stem-cell research! They don't need to use innocent babies!!! My hubby's treatment used his OWN stem-cells, and if he needed it again, he would use an adult's cells... there is no ethical, moral, decent reason to kill an embro in research. We believe life starts at conception, and whether that life is lived past birth is to be GOD'S decision. I have had a "failed pregnancy" (blighted ovum, I think it is called), and I mourned my loss greatly... I loved that baby, and was very broken when it did not develop. How can people just use babies as lab rats!?
Then, there is the deal with the same-sex marriage. People vote against it, then the government tries make it legal when the people say NO! God is sooo very able to free people from homosexuality... I have had friends that were converted from that kind of "life-style." They are free!
Yes, there are many wicked things going on in our country, but I think we could even look into some our own lives, some churches... some folks are being "lulled to sleep." Things we wouldn't have done years ago, things we were convicted about, we are slowly allowing to creep in. God has been speaking to me about some of these things. Some attitudes, personal convictions, etc, that need to be turned around. I have been shocked at some of the things I have seen or heard. The music and activities that are now labeled "Christian" seem nothing like what I would see or hear in Jesus' presence. I can't imagine those "songs" being sung in Heaven. I can't see how dressing like a heathen in the name of "outreach" is an attraction that will bring people to true repentance. I have received mail from some "outreach" organizations that have pictures of activities that look like they are dragging God's name through sewage. The interesting thing is that they are convinced they are really doing good. What attracted me as a teenager to Christ was the sense of peace, holiness, love (lots of it), and purity that was present in God's people... I would have been totally turned off by someone who was trying to mock the world and Satanic activities to pull at young people in the name of Christ. It seems it all starts with a little giving in to this, and a little giving in to that... tiny things... like Eve's forbidden fruit... looks so innocent, what is so wrong with it? Like... what is wrong with watching this show? with going shopping at the mall on the Sabbath? with dressing in whatever I want to? in "talking" about this person... after all, it is true, right? with saying this slang word, "god", afterall it's just words, right? Not according to the Bible... we will be held accountable for our words, actions, attitudes, motives, etc. Yes, I am preachy today, aren't I? I know that works do not save someone, it is God's grace, but if you love God, you will want to obey Him and live your live to carefully model Christ-likeness. Our pastor talked last Sunday about hurting God's name, and that really spoke to me.
Okay, I know that some people don't like to read "philosophy" or "people's opinion's" on blogs, but to me, my blog is a chance to share hope and truth with just a few more people. If I can't be on a "mission field," then I will make my community, relatives, people at laundr-o-mats, stores, and even my blog to my "field."

Okay, the next time I post, I hope to have found the thingy that I need to put pictures on here of our family, etc. I am making great progress in the "settling in" of our home. I want to share some picts with you. Maybe I won't preach next time ;-)

1 comment:

Amanda Shough said...

Sarah,once again, you have inspired me. You are such an awesome woman. Somethings drives you so hard and I want that. Hey, I called Pastor Manley and asked for your number. The only number he knew to give me was Ron's Cell, but I haven't had a chance to call it. If you have a free bit of time, give me a call. 937-473-3421. I'd like to talk to you about something in my life that is very important. I love you, girl!