Monday, March 16, 2009

Reasons to be thankful...

Well, the thingy that I needed to upload pictures has been located... but, since hubby used the camera tonight when we were out on a family evening, I don't know where he put it, and I am not waking him up to ask him. So, tonight you will get a thankful list from me... is that okay for now?

1. I seriously believe I (this house's queen) am married to a man after God's own heart. He has a passion for the things of God... loves his family, loves to share the gospel anywhere he goes, loves me, loves prayer, loves to work hard, and hates sin. He endeavors to walk carefully before God, and loves the way of holiness.

2. For God's hand of protection over my little flock
...Faith when she got accidentally kicked in the nose by Charity, and had a very nasty nosebleed the other day. It is incredible how panicked children become when the "red stuff" is present. The bleeding was easily stopped once Mama (this house's nurse) showed up on the scene, pinched protesting child's bleeding nose, and calmed the poor, wounded child down.
...Charity when she decided to mess with electrical outlets the other day (I was unaware of how she got injured until I (this house's private investigator) saw the evidence a few minutes later)... that was scary! There was not really any marks on her from the shock, but she said something about her finger, and showed me where the scene of the crime was, and said it scared her. She had unplugged the phone, and the answering machine was half unplugged, so I put the pieces together in my mind, and came to the conclusion that her finger was hurt by playing with the plug-ins. I remember messing with an outlet as a child, and it was a very bad idea!
...Hope when she decided to chew on some stuff that the guys used to work on the floors... Ron had the stuff out today to move it to the shed, but baby thought it looked edible before it got there. Glad that expandable foam doesn't come out easily... she just got a tiny taste... then Mama (this home's substance abuse police) showed up on the scene, and snatched away the "snack", and examined the baby, went outside to talk with daddy( who was cleaning out shed, and knows more about the substance than me), just to find that no harm was done, and baby way unable to get desired contents out of tube. Whew!
These things could have turned out badly, but they didn't, and I thank Jesus for that.

3. For a very good revival that we just came through, and that I (this home's cook, maid, home-health-aide, childcare supervisor, and teacher) survived the busy week. The sermons were challenging, and the music uplifting. It was wonderful! Though, I did have to walk out often with a fussy, tired, teething baby, and two little girls who, of course, needed to go to the potty quickly. (Ron has tried to make them wait it out before, and well, you can guess what happened!)

4. That God is speaking to me about some very big things... I imagine this has never crossed your mind, but, I actually am not perfect... I know, it comes as a shock. Take a deep breath... Relax. Yes, it is true, I, Sarah, have issues.
Can you guess what they are...
I, Sarah, am a quiter. I start something, then, when it gets tough or boring, I quit. I start a diet, then I quit. I start a quilt, then I quit. I start cleaning THAT PILE, then I quit... are you getting the picture? Yes, that is something I was praying about tonight... where is that backbone and persistance... I am a whimp! Yep... it is true. I also have shown a lack self-control... you know, that fruit that helps you say "I will not be angry about this, and throw a fit like a baby" or "I will not eat any cookies tonight, because I know that I am overweight, and I need to get healthy." You might be thinking... "So you are thankful that you got a spiritual spanking tonight?" Well, my answer is YES! If a parent loves their young child, they will train and correct the child's attitude and behavior... sooo, if God corrects me, then, He loves me... right?! Yep, I am thankful for Him speaking to me about this.

5. For praying family and friends. And, I have a request for you... being that I am human, I suffer some "ouchies", and I am having problems with an "ouchie." I am not sure this makes sense unless you have had a simular situation, but sometimes the whole ordeal with Ron's cancer will strike me at very strange times. Say, for example, we are out for a family night, and we have had a good time, and we are on our way home, when "wham" this feeling, or whatever, hits me, and the weight of it all slaps me in the face. It sometimes still seems like a strange, bad dream that I am waiting to be awakened out of. Maybe, you are thinking, "Come on, Sarah, it has been a year and a half, and you still think it is just a nightmare?" Well, I can't really explain it. We'll be having a great time and then it just happens, and I still fear loosing him, even though he seems to be doing quite well. Could you pray that God will help me rest in Him when those feelings come? Thanks, I knew I could count on you!

Well, I still would love to share pictures with you, and you have been so very patient... thanks... hopefully, I will get to it someday... just keep stopping by.

Have a good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah I truly enjoy reading your blog... you may not know me but I have been praying for you and your family... you have a wonderful way with words and don't ever feel God has forgotten about you and your family... I will keep praying God will give you strength and comfort...