Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A few of MY favorite things...

1. The smells of Tide (not something I can alway afford) and Downy, Lysol, and bleach.
2. The stretchy-ness and powdery smells of Pampers, but I also do Luvs. (Not me, that is, but the baby.)
3. Chewy blueberry bagels with cream cheese, actually most starches and sweets... that is why I am 50 pounds overweight (plus, a little dose of depression... one of those clouds that like to hang overhead sometimes... when it gets nice outside again, I should feel better... it is a strange thing!)
4. Coffee with hot chocolate.
5. A new favorite that I think I will always want to have in my home! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Bought it because middle child decorated some walls... it is Magic Eraser from Mr. Clean... you would just have to try it and see the things it can do! It gets a high approval on my list!
6. Lysterine breath strips (pet-peeve is bad smells!)
7. 1% milk (very cold)
8. My trailor (unless someone tries to tell me how cheaply made mobile homes are... or, how dangerous they are in a tornado... it is a bit of a downer... but, I like it so much because we are going to own it, and I can decorate it however my little heart desires... which is why I painted a castle scene on the girls' bedroom wall with the words above saying "God's Little Princesses." I will have to share pictures later... it was very fun!)
9. Big yards, flowers, gardens, little girls picking "flowers' for their mommy, watching little girls learn new things, little girls' giggles (unless the giggle is from doing something naughty), little girls begging to cuddle, hug me, or scratch my back, little girls helping with "jobs", little nursing babies (mine is about weaned... bitter-sweet), little girls' kisses, did I mention I love my little girls? It is even more so when I get to enjoy them outside playing! I love the outdoors and fresh air. The combo of outdoors and little girls is very fulfilling. :-)
10. Packing my hubby's lunch for work and putting love notes inside each day (a new practice I started a week ago).
11. A clean house (still not there, but getting closer).
12. Christian radio (although I don't care for some of the preaching... too Calvanistic.)
13. Hair that smells clean... sounds weird, but I love it.
14. My hubby's hugs... He's a big, tough guy, and I feel very safe with him close (a bit personal, I know!)
15. The freshness of God's Word, and the peace of prayer.
16. The feeling after a job is well done.
17. Friends who aren't always in a hurry... they have time to talk for a few minutes, and it doesn't have to be important. They just like to be with you.
18. Shopping... a little challenging with 3 small children, but it is fun.
19. Heaters and air conditioners, electric, and gas (you don't miss them until you don't have them... learned that a while back when we experienced outages.)
20. Being able to go outside without my shoes... like the feeling of warm grass under my feet.
21. Long hair on girls... if it is combed, that is :-)
22. My husband's blue eyes! When he is down with treatments, his eyes tend to be very dark around them, but normally his eyes are gorgious!
23. My husband's heart-felt laughter! It is sooo contagious, I can hardly keep from laughing when I hear it.
24. Back rubs... I am an addict!
25. Topping the list... seeing someone get saved and giving their heart to Jesus... It is sooo exciting and is what makes me the happiest! That happened on Sunday at our church, and it was awesome!

4 comments:

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Very interesting. Just watch the magic eraser. Those things are dangerous for kiddos. Saw some kids arms all eat up from the chemical in the sponge. They are fantastic for crayon, etc. My girls go crazy too. We buy them every once in a while and clean the walls, dressers, etc. Why do kids write on everything?? Give them paper they run to the hallway wall...go figure!!

Anonymous said...

I like number #24 too! My sisters said I was spoiled when I came back from GBS they said I always wanted back rubs. I rememeber reading some of your books to you because you didn't like them and you would give me back massages while I read them. Well hope all is well!! Take Care!!

Sarah Cook said...

Gale,
I was not aware of that. My skin is very broken, but I am very sensitive to alot of cleansers... especially laundry detergent (if I put my hands in the washer while it is still sudsy, I can almost count on having broken skin!).
Erin,
You weren't the only one I had read to me... If I was tired at all, I would probably fall asleep if I had tried to read them to myself... giving backrubs to the gals reading my studies to me was a nice swap, I thought! I sure would love one right now... I have been up since probably 5 am or earlier.

Missy said...

I loved this post. So interesting!