Monday, April 19, 2010

a day in a mama's life...

What did I do today?
Wow... alot!
Started in the middle of the night, as I was awakened with an urgency... I needed to pray... pray for a young man that had been missing. I thought of the things I forgot to do in CC on Sunday morning... and, there were three things, and they were important... I didn't give the children their Scriptures to memorize, I didn't pray for the little girl's cousin she asked me to pray for in class, and I forgot to read about the Costa Rican missionaries. How could I have forgotten? Where did the time go? I didn't even have time really to fulfill everything that was to be done on the schedule for Children's Church. Some of the children were super-tough this week. Life had been tough on some of them. I need to ask for a helper for my very full classroom of lively children. That is on the to-do's for this week, I guess... need to talk to my friend about helping with the lively ones, so they don't disturb all the others.
Then, what a day it has been with housework, phone conversations, preparing for IHC, etc. My children helped out big time... well, not Hope, she did the opposite, but we'll leave it at that. It is incredible the work my little gals did today, and I am super-proud of them! They will be very good at it by the time they are teenagers, I am sure of that! I am even training them to do back rubs for their mommy who has a tendency to "need" them! HA! They are going to be good at that, as well! Faith helped do "bunny care" today, and later the girls had a blast playing with the clean little bunny in their bedroom... that poor critter got a stroller ride, put in their toy kitchen, and got carried around. Hope it survives all that! I made them no-bake cookies for all that hard work and later they played outside for a short-while, but Daddy-time is one of the girls' favorites... they have an incredible daddy... I mean, I think any little girls' dream would be to have a daddy like Ron. He tells great Bible stories, prays for them, wrestles with them, hugs and kisses them, has special days with them, etc., and he just loves them to pieces. He is very structured in disciplining them, he is faithful to be there for them... with the exception of his times of illness or hospitalization, which is mostly beyond his control, but he there for them in his heart and in prayer... and, wow, those girls have a thing for their dad! The moment he turns that doorknob, you better be prepared for the hopping and shouting of excitement, "Daddy!!! Daddy!!!" I get dumped into the pile, and Daddy gets the throne, it seems!
So, back to what I was doing today... well, Ron purchased a book, and it came through the mail, and guess I have attached myself to it tonight. It is Dr. James Dobson's new book, "Bringing Up Girls." Very interesting so far. If you are a parent with little girls, you ought to check it out!
Now, that leaves me to this moment... I think I shall return to this book!
Oh, mind you, I did read my Bible, as well, this morning... Just in case you wondered :-)
Well, I just KNEW you were dying tonight to know what I did all day, so there you go!
Don't forget the diapers and baths and food, too. And, the snuggles with the little people. And, my hiding in the bathroom, so that I could escape the loudness of the little people for a bit. Don't tell me you never tried that!!!

No comments: