Friday, April 30, 2010

The glory of a woman...

Been doing a bit of studying tonight (as the family sleeps) on those I Corinthian 11 Scriptures about headship, the glory of a woman, coverings, etc. Just thought I would do a bit of studying beside what I am already studying... look at a post from a few days ago... I didn't mention that I was also into the Book of Job in the Bible (heart-wrenching to me and convicting). Anyway, as it happens, I just popped up with this idea to study the matter once again... started studying it as a teenager... was clueless on the subject prior to that. While studying it, I realized that my very long hair (which I grew because of my studies of the Scriptures) was tangled, so I sprayed this stuff I purchased on it (I think it was really for black women's hair to soften it... I love black women's hair... they can actually fix their hair beautifully, and it will STAY for a long time!!!), and it added an oily coat to my hair, making it very easy to de-tangle. It also straightened my hair a bit, and I took a look at how long it had gotten (easier to tell without the curls), and wow... do you see that dark area behind me in the picture... it is difficult to tell, I think, but that is my hair! Give me just a few more inches, and it'll be to my knees! I would love that!!! It has not been cut (including trimming) for over 10 years, I believe. It is so fun to work with. If I want, I can do just about anything with it... but, sometimes I leave it messy, because I am busy at the house. Don't ask me why I am telling you all this... just thought you might find it interesting. I also have found some hair products recently that really compliment my hair styling. Once upon a time, I only could manage one or two hairstyles... and, that was to simply put a barrette in or a scrunchy. Ha! Glad I have learned a variety, 'cause I have 3 little gals who have need of some TLC in the hair department. Middle child has very long hair for her age!
Well, there is my 3rd post in a 24 hour period, I think. And, what a variety they have been! I just had a cup of coffee, and eliminated a bad headache, but now I am up late at night... the previous post is still tender to me... like a raw spot that refuses to heal. Maybe if I would stop picking that scab of memories of those deeply fearful moments and of the uncertainties of life, maybe those sores would heal some.
Well, I had better stop chattering away. Hope you all have a nice Saturday and a restful and worshipful Lord's Day.

1 comment:

Angie D said...

I'm carrying around a gigantic mound of yellow hair here, too and spray in conditioning products are absolutely wonderful!

I get tired of dealing with mine sometimes, but then I remember being the short haired girl in college who PRAYED for long hair and I decide I'll just be quiet and count my blessings.

Hope you're having a wonderful day in spite of your late night coffee...