Thursday, January 31, 2008

Are You A True Disciple?

First, I thought I would say thanks to the kind friends, Heather and Sarah, who volunteered to come and clean my house today just because they wanted to! They were so kind to do so... My house smells really nice! I do love the smell of cleaners, as some of my friends already know! Thank you for thinking of me!

Had a little review over the lives of Peter and Paul, and some of the other disciples today! I found myself looking into my heart... what a coward and self-centered little person I have become. I see how these faithful ones gave their lives to the painful end for the Gospel of Jesus Christ... It was everything to them to see people come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour... no matter the cost, and I, would I go that far? Oh, that I would look beyond my petty little things here on Earth, and all that tie and bind me here. Christ is returning, and so many people don't know that Jesus Christ came and died so that they may be free from sin... forgiven and free! I hide behind these "polite" curtains and shiver when the thought of testifying to someone in an elevator, bus, or grocery store, comes into mind. What if I offend them? What if they laugh at me? What then? Will I pout and sit in my corner and feel sorry for myself that I tried to rescue them from Hell? Do the Christians today believe in Hell? Then, why are so many of us cosying down as if this world is our home?

Oh, that God would give me a faithful and brave heart!

The battle for me is in my little head... perhaps, that is the great battle for all of us... I get so fearful that somehow Satan will steal away this great Salvation through some wretched thought that randomly pops into mind. But, I often I have felt God say that nothing can separate us from His love, and reassuring me that there is no temptation that others have not also gone through! Jesus didn't go this far to die for me just to abandon me in some trial.

Yes, the Cook family is going through some trials, but through God's grace we ARE pressing on. Without Him, we could not! But, His strength is perfect! We still want to share with others of God's love toward us. I have seen Ron go through this trial of cancer with his ups and downs, but he still finds Jesus Christ to be faithful.

If there so happens to be a reader who does not know Jesus, please don't wait... repent of your sins and come to Him today! You have no promise of tomorrow. God is waiting for you to humble yourself and come to Him. He wants you just the way you are.

I tell my little girls "I love you lots and lots with sugar on top!" They love it, and have begun to tell some of my company when they leave that they love them lots and lots with sugar on top. Today, this is what I wanted to share with you, my readers... Yes, that God LOVES you! And, His love is much sweeter than sugar!

Have a good day in Him!

2 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

A very good post, Sarah. I agree! I want to be faithful to tell others about my Saviour, for I feel that Jesus must be coming soon. That was sweet of those 2 ladies to come and clean your home for you. What are their phone numbers...? Maybe I can get them to come and clean mine! HA! =D

We love and appreciate y'all and are thinking and praying for y'all too!

Heather in Colombia

Sarah Cook said...

Heather D,
I fear it might take a while for them to get to your house! It is quite a drive, you know ;-)