Monday, January 21, 2008

Here we go again!

Well, I sure have been enjoying some special words of love and even correction from the Lord these past couple of months. He kindly reminded me yesterday of how I really wanted my children to obey. I take pleasure in knowing they are well trained, and when they disobey, it hurts and frustrates me. That is how God wants me to look at my relationship with Him. How can I expect my children to live obediently if I don't? You know those little areas of life that we can brush under the rug and say "oh, but that isn't really THAT important, is it?" But, then again, down through the ages, it has been those "little things" that caused big problems. Look at the sin with eating that fruit in the Garden of Eden, or Moses striking the rock, or Isreal's complaining problem, or, well, the list could go on and on. Yep, I want to be completely obedient to Jesus. That is in the attitude of it, as well.

Then, there was last night, I felt comforted in just realizing that no matter what, Jesus is there ready to hold me. People are not always available, you know, when that hug is most needed, they just can't be... but, there is One Who is... you don't even have to tell Him you are hurting inside... He knows, and He understands, for He has hurt more than any of us have. I love the story of Lazarus, for there, I see that when we hurt, He cries. Yep, lot's of love from the One who knows our frames best!

For just a little update...

I went to the OB for my 6 week appointment... and, guess what?! NO, I am not
expecting again, if that was what you were thinking! Ha! No, but we might know what is causing my headaches! My blood pressure was still up! Okay, it is not as high as some people I know have it to go, but I usually have pretty BPs when I am not PG. So, I am gonna give this medicine a try and see if my headaches will cease. That sure would be nice... I also plan to get a bit more in shape, with God's help... I heard sometimes that will fix a blood pressure problem. You, ladies, have any ideas on a good weight loss program that is safe for a mama who is also supplying nutrients to her newborn?

Ron is getting chemo today, and I must hand it to him... when I got back from my appointment today, I found a cleaner house. He likes to help me out before he goes to chemo, just in case he doesn't feel too great afterward... but, usually he is fine, just needs to get some sleep.

Looking forward to seeing some of you at a youth lock-in on Friday... yes, we plan to be there with some of our young people and then again the next week for youth rally. I say PLAN because with three little ones, you never know what could happen between now and then... but, it sure sounds like fun!

Thank you for your continued prayers, cards, letters, and love! May God bless all you, our dear friends, have done! Have a good week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sarah, sure hope the new medicine helps with your migraines. That would be wonderful! Missed seeing you yesterday but Mollie has been sick with the stomach flu AGAIN. She's had it since Thursday night and she's still not feeling herself. Hope Faith is feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best with your BP. Unfortunately, I don't have any quick and dirty ideas for getting into shape. You pretty much just have to put in the time! Thanks so much for your encouraging words on what God is teaching you. You are a blessing!