Sunday, January 20, 2008

At home on Sunday Night

Yep! Toddlers get sick way too easy! We knew Faith had a yucky cough yesterday, but we went on with our busy day as though she were fine... I just gave her some medicine and went on. This morning we went to church and even had company over for Sunday lunch, then we took a nap. I was so tired when I awoke, for my baby deprived me of sleep last night, and I am not (pause... I just rescued my one year old from eating toothpaste... don't know how much she ate... well, that is what happens when a mother blogs and decides to ignore her children for a few minutes)... as I was saying, I am not quite recovered. When Faith came to me after naptime, she sounded rough! And, she tends to cry alot when she doesn't feel well! So, I am at home with my children, and Ron is at church. I feel one of those eye/headache things coming on! Oh... I need to go soon... smelling something that needs changed coming from the middle child! Oh, the baby does sleep well... during the day, that is... then at night, she comes alive! If my rambling all runs together, that is how my brain feels right now!

On a cheery note, Faithy went to the altar at church this morning and asked Jesus to come in her heart, and she wants Jesus to sleep with her and she wants angels to sleep with her, too. She is not sure if Jesus came into her heart because she cannot understand how He could be in Heaven and in her heart at the same time. But, she says that she asked Jesus into her heart and now she wants to go to the "castles" (the mansions in Heaven... I called them castles when I was explaining them to her a while back, because she is really into castles right now, and I think she would understand that better than mansions). It was so sweet. I am not sure how much she understands, but I think she knows more about the Bible than your average adult these days... just ask her to tell you some Bible stories or quote Scriptures... She is catching on.

Well, as I said, I do have a diaper to change, so I must go!

Hope you had a good Lord's Day! It was VERY cold here!

1 comment:

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

That is such a wonderful and touching story. I'm so glad that Jesus still talks to His children every day!! Sorry to hear Faith is sick. I pray she gets better soon. I hope your migraines get better too. My kids are doing well. Katie is cutting teeth and it has not been a pleasant weekend from that aspect.

Good to hear from you again. Oh, I emailed you my address. Mom would love to see some pictures.

Love ya, Take care.