Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bebound!!!

Hurray! His white blood count has begun its climb!!!

He had a platelet transfusion a couple of days ago, and today he is getting another transfusion because of his hemoglobin count. I am getting classes on caring for his central line, and other discharge care... hmmm, I wonder if I can get an honorary degree for all I have learned :-)

If his other counts all improve, he could go home as early as this weekend or Monday. He is cheerful and has his great sense of humor back. Plenty of energy! And, wow, has he been witnessing!!!

Thank you, dear friends and family, for praying! This was a very tough thing to go through, but I thank God for being with us each step of the way, and for taking care of our needs.

We have made friends with some really neat people!

Oh, before I forget, I think my little baby is about to walk!!! She stands now for a little while after letting go of the furniture. Where is the time going? Charity is talking like a big girl! Faith has fallen in love with coloring. They have huge imaginations... and, well, they are my little bundles of joy!

Okay, yes, I am happy this afternoon... happy that soon our family will be back together! Rejoice with me!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sorry about the deleted comment - it was from me. I wrote it too fast and didn't notice a couple of errors. Anyway, I'm very glad to hear the good news. You've been on my mind today so I was happy to read the positive update. And I can't believe that Hope may be walking soon. Wow!

Constance said...

Praise the Lord! That is wonderful news. I am so happy for ya'll. May the Lord continue to help and bless you and your family.

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting! I'm glad to hear you all are doing well! We're praying for you all.

Belle said...

Glad he is doing so well!!

Anonymous said...

Still praying daily. Love you!