Friday, November 14, 2008

Husbands are great for many reasons...

1. When you are out of town and your vehicle refuses to start... who are ya goin' to call?
2. When your right headlight, left turn signal, and windshield wipers kill over... who's usually available?
2. When you have raked leaves until you are exhausted, who can carry the load?
3. When the house has a gas leak, and the fumes are high enough for an explosion... who knows what to do?
4. When the gutters are clogged, and you decide to be macho-woman, and you climb on the roof, just to remember that you are terribly afraid of heights... and, you are frozen, unable to move, and crying your eyes out like an infant because your mind won't let your body step back onto the ladder to get off of the roof... who gets a big kick out of ya?

Well, I have certainly had quite the past few weeks.
The first incident is a long story, but I had a friend with me who had a friend who had AAA... Ron was in the hospital, so I had to make decisions without him.
The second situations were taken care of by my father-in-law, Ron, Perk, etc. It was funny, I am sure, to see me trying to fix that turn signal... I had no clue at first, so I climbed under the van, and did all sorts of stuff trying to get the cover off of that thing... all I was missing was this little extention thingy and I could have done it my myself, but I am glad that Perk stopped by to pick something up, and offered to help us in any way, so I took him up on the offer, and told him about the turn signal. (Excuse the major run-on sentences... I am in a hurry... Momma duty is calling.)
The third incident was after we came home from the hospital and there was a HUGE amount of leaves in my yard. I wasn't really THAT exhausted, but it sure was nice when the pastor showed up with his lawn mower and blew alot of leaves to the bottom of our yard... that made it look way too easy!
The fourth incident was during Ron's hospital stay, and I called the landlord and our gas company, and the gas company came quite quickly, and fixed a spraying pipe in the basement!!! The girls and I stayed overnight at my neighbor's house that night.
The fifth incident was today... Ron later went up on the roof and did it... he probably shouldn't have, but he did. He still thinks the sight of me stuck of the roof crying was quite the sight.

I sure am happy that the family is back together... have been thanking God for things I have never thank him for... even children's messes!!! At least that means my children are near!

Hope can now just stand right up in the middle of the floor! She also sounds like she is trying to sing sometimes.
Charity is back into the swing of things with her potty training... HURRAY!
Faith is praying for a certain item for Christmas, and after she prayed for it the other day, she came back and told me that Jesus said YES. We started pre-school again today.
We have been playing SOOO much the past few days, and I love it!!!

If you are in the mood for soup beans tonight, stop on by... having some trouble getting a couple of children to eat much of it... although, they don't have a choice but to eat some, because I don't want them to go up picky about what is given them to eat.

Well, "daddy" keeps telling me that the family is waiting for me to get done on the computer... which means HELP!

So, signing off... and, remember not to climb on roofs if you are already afraid of heights.

No comments: