Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ahhh, a blog fix!

I am at my in-laws house, and thought I would give a quick up-date. I would like to share pix, but that will have to wait.
I survived camp last week, and really enjoyed the fellowship. The children had lots of fun. I brought my two neices with me and a teenage girl from church. It was definitely worth going! Wow, the people who told me they were praying for us amazed me!
Ron had a blood transfusion Tuesday, and a PET scan yesterday. The oncologist told Ron to "cross your fingers" about the PET scan results. Of course, we are not superstitious. Ron has had to take several shots due to his white blood count being low. It was better the other day, and his platelets were rebounding, so he didn't have to get platelets. His hemoglobin and red blood count was still declining, so hence the transfusion. His feet have raw-like spots, he had a terrible bout of broncholitis, and he still has a bit of a cough. His mouth got sores, too. He felt rough. This regimen of chemo was not easy on him, but he somehow kept his hair! And, he kept working!!! Incredible!!!
We find out his results of the PET on the 6th... on the day our oldest daughter turns 5! We shall find out if they think they can help him! On the 7th, he is scheduled to meet the transplant doc in Columbus. We are hoping a match is found soon.
Tears are still falling, as the stress of this terrible disease weigh extremely heavy at times... nasty Hodgkin's lymphoma!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Aunt sarah thanx 4 taking me to camp :)

Unknown said...

Hey weres the camp pics?????