Monday, July 27, 2009

The tick of time

Ron, the girls, and I went for the weekend to Clinton Camp. I had never been there, and Ron hadn't been there for many years. We saw old friends... I even heard one call me out by my maiden name... It's funny how strange it sounded, although I have only been married for a little over six years!

Ron could not have chemo again on Friday because his platelets were still too low... they are going to try again today. People were really praying for him at Clinton. It seems everyone is praying for him. I remember at Beulah Grove Camp how it seemed everyone was telling us how they were praying for us. It is so incredibly overwhelming to see the love people are showing in prayer! Ron told me to pray for GOD'S will. He hasn't been feeling the greatest, not "throwing up" sick, but just not right.

On another note... this week I get to have a birthday... Somehow, I feel I have lived a lifetime in a few years... but, I am only going to be... can you guess? Yep, I will be 28. Yes, Ron is several years older than me, but life has forced me to "grow up" a bit quickly... and, yes, I do have some gray hair... a sign of wisdom, you know. :-)

I have been asked recently what I wanted for my birthday. Wanted? Hmmm...

Well, here's my birthday list (don't I feel like a big girl?!)

1. A long back massage (been havin' some tension)

2. A sparklin' clean house... been workin' on that a bit this morning... startin' to smell good!

3. A diligent accountability partner to help me loose some serious weight before my next birthday.

4. Continued prayer... that I will be a Godly, respectful, loving, consistant, and strong wife and momma. I plan to give myself in prayer and fasting for the salvation of my children during this year... this is of utmost importance to me.

5. A date (not just a fast meal) with my hubby... maybe a nice long stroll at a park and a picnic. We am extremely picky about babysitters , so that makes it a little tough.

6. Family pictures before Ron goes in the hospital

7. Encouragement... I plan to be homeshooling this year, potty-train Hope, and do some serious Bible and Character-building training this year with my children. I thrive on encouraging words... sounds a little silly, but it is one of my love languages, and I can do my best with showers of encouragement... but, that also means I wither under rude comments... or, the lack of interested friends. Hope that doesn't make me sound like a baby, it is just true.

8. Would like to get that thyriod nodule removed this year... it itches and annoys me. Got insurance to cover that.

9. Might get contacts. Got the prescription, just haven't order the contacts.

10. Peace... that God has everything under control... that everything will be okay.

There, for those who asked for a list, I know it is mostly intangible, but we have everything we need, really.
Okay, my girls have been listening over and over and over to the Victory Trio stories, and I am about to have them memorized... I guess I better change the pace for a bit. (They seem to be taking a liking to the Victory Trio... Faith actually called Penny "Penny Bank" the other day, and I could have died... She promised Faith a surprise one evening, and the next day Faith searched the campground for Penny to get her prize, and a lady brought Faith to Judy, and the prize was some CDs and the girls have been listening to the all day today.)
Well, I had better get going.
Until the next time!

4 comments:

Missy said...

well...i can offer you encouragement about home-schooling. This will only be my second year, but Braxton (6 years old) will be going in to 2nd grade this year. I am looking forward to it, but am apprehensive too. I have a 2 year old and a 2 month old. 8-) What curriculum are you going to be using? I believe that you can do this. You seem like a great mommy and wife. Just try to find the schedule for school that works for you. Good luck...

Sarah Cook said...

Missy, I plan to use A Beka Book. Sounds like you are going to have a busy year, especially with such a small baby! Thanks for the kind words!

Amanda Shough said...

Hi Sarah,
I'd ask how you are doing but it seems obvious! Still, in your darkest hour, you are still a blessing to me. It's amazing how God can use people to open hearts and minds when that person hasn't a clue of who they are affecting. My husband and I read your blog togther and he says that the women of the Bible have nothing on you. He's right! I know everyone says this, but if you ever need anything, please give me a call or email. I love you girl! 937-389-8272 and ajshough@gmail.com

trakylynn said...

it was great to see you..... i heard someone call you by your maiden name as well... it was funny! :)
Hope you have a good birthday and get some of whats on your list....
THanks for being such a great friend.... you have not changed a bit! Love ya and we are praying for ya!