Saturday, January 30, 2010

What we've been up to

I ran across this old picture of Charity the other day and thought it was cute. My girls love oatmeal. This little beauty helped humble me today in one of the stores I went to today. Poor kid was so tired... but, her behavior drew much attention and I was humiliated. I dealt with it after I got home. She says she is going to be good the next time (particularly because her older sister was awarded a quarter for excellent behavior while Mommy shopped... doesn't take much to make them happy!).

The other day, Ron and I took the girls to McDonald's Play land, and guess who should show up but Ronald McDonald himself! Charity looked a little frightened at first, but the girls had a blast!
Thought I would let you know that I am recovering well, and the "large nodule" and the 3 lymph nodes found were benign, and finally diagnosed as a "follicular adenoma." Blood test will be next week to see if my right thyroid is putting out enough hormone so that I will not have to take Synthroid. We'll see. Not too worried about it, really. It was just a bump that shouldn't have been there, and it is gone... and, I am really glad.
Ron is planning to go back to work next week on Friday!!!
Ron's liver enzymes were rising. They suspect GVHD possibly being the cause. Yet, this guy of mine is hoping to get back to "normal." Can't blame him there. Maybe, those counts will go back to normal, too. We'll see.
Hope had her 2 year physical the other day, and wow, is she big! She is tough, too! She let them poke and push on her, and prick and stick her (x2) and she only let out one short cry! Since when do I have children two years old that are actually counted as being in the 85th percentile in length?! Maybe there was a mistake... or, maybe I am actually going to have a tall child! The other 2 girls have been hanging out below 10th percentile in height for a while, I think. Her weight was somewhere around the 75th percentile (she has a pretty big tummy... she really like to eat!), and her head circumference was like 90th percentile... I do tend to have children with big heads... a lot of brain going on there, I think! Is that bragging? I am hopeful on getting with potty training her again soon. I tried the other day, but after a couple of accidents, I quit... I value my carpet, you know!
Well, you want to hear about a good deal I got today? Good, cause I want to tell you.
I saved sixty dollars and some cents at the Christian bookstore today! I actually saved over double what I spent!!! I had done my shopping around on-line before I went, and then made the purchases at the actual store... I had been given a gift card for $25, and spent less than $4 of my own money! I bought a box of 100 hymns and a devotional set that was usually about $40, for only $4! It was not labeled this at the store, but the lady checked the price for me, since I had seen it on-line for such a cheap price, and sure enough, $4 was the price... I saved 90% on that item and I am very pleased with it, since I love the old, traditional hymns, and so far what I have heard, I love it!!! I bought some things for the children and me for very low prices, because I had done my homework before I went there, and although some of the items were not marked so low, the lady scanned them for me and I was right... cheap prices! That was really fun!
Ron has been really helping me out with de-cluttering the house, and I love it! I hate to de-clutter. Gasp! I know, it sounds horrible, and I love my house being not cluttered, but, I get too emotional over stuff... so, I tend to be a pack rat... I don't like it, but that is the way I am. Ron is the opposite. It is best if I don't watch him do it, because I will argue about this and that item. He really made our office/schoolroom look great the other day! I am so excited about it. Unfortunately, I saw him throwing away some of the stuff, and it was hard for me to shut my mouth... but, it was for the best, and I just want to say "THANK YOU, HONEY!"
He has been busy with tract distribution and jail ministry lately... He loves it. Sometimes, if walks too much though, he has that cramp problem... suspected as neuropathy. It is so weird. I mean, it will strike his legs, feet, hands, or back, spontaneously, and he can't move that muscle. It is very painful! He doesn't let it stop him though from doing ministry. He's one tough "Cookie." He's a brave man!
Well, that is just a taste of what is going on here. I will try to get some more pictures on here soon. Thanks for your prayers!

No comments: