Saturday, January 16, 2010

Yesterday... day 100! And this and that...

I know this may mean absolutely nothing to most people (unless you are well acquainted with bone marrow transplants), but yesterday was Ron's 100th day... a marked day in a post-transplant patient! Woo-hoo! We did not get to celebrate because I wasn't feeling that great yet, and decided to get checked, and that took forever... just so you know, I'm cool... got some medicine and am feeling better. Ron had cleaned and cleaned and cleaned in the house while I was getting "checked" yesterday, and I was pleasantly surprised when I got home. He even oraganized the kitchen cabinets and washed laundry! He went grocery shopping yesterday, too! Talk about exciting! He must have had some energy rush or something! I hope he gets it again next week... hehehe!
Thursday, although I still didn't feel that great, we took Faith to her piano lesson, dropped off some hand-me-downs to Wes' children, ate out, and went to GBS, visited, and enjoyed the revival service. The children had way too much fun! They had some college students doing all sorts of games, and Faith was trying to teach some of them about Jesus... she even put one student in "time-out". It was good seeing some "old friends" and being back at the "Hill Top", where Ron and I met. It is a great place to be! I LOVED being a student there, and the friends I made along the way! Thursday was such a good day!
Just in case some folks are wondering, I heard Marcia got home Wednesday. I love good news!
I hope y'all are praying for Haiti right now. Years ago, Ron traveled there several times, and Ron and I both have been to the Dominican Republic once for just a few days (same island). I want them to know that we have been praying for them!
I got word the other day that my grandmother may be having mini-strokes. Please, pray for her. She is the one you see on my blog pics. She's a sweet grandma!
Well, maybe next time I will put some more pics on here. Just thought I would give a quick family update. You probably won't hear from me until after my thyroid surgery. I am so excited about this surgery. I know that sounds weird, but I have always been a bit different, huh?
Until next time!

No comments: