Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Homeschooling and housecleaning

Yesterday was a day that I really worked on teaching Faith. She is easily taught, but her attention span and motor skills are, of course, really young. She really picked up on her Bible verse for the week... A "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). This is here first verse that I am counting toward pre-preschool :-) Today, I haven't worked with her on these things yet... I have been housecleaning.
Got this bright idea last week (I think it was), to make a weekly housecleaning list to help me stay on target. Not that this warms your heart or anything, but so far today, this is what I have gotten done, and I have lots more to do...
Bathroom
Wipe countertop
Wash sink
Clean tub/ shower
Clean toilet
Mop floor
Clean mirror
Cleaned some of the shelving
Bedrooms
Changed sheets and made beds
Vacuumed and mopped
Kitchen
Wiped countertops
wiped front of cabinets
Cleaned top of stove and surface cleaned in oven
Washed sink
Mopped floor
Washed dishes
Living room/dining room
dust
Vacuum floors

Of course, I also have been washing laundry, therefore, I have lots to put away! My biggest mess is in my computer room. In here is my laundry awaiting to be put away, Faithy's school mess, etc. I also want to rearrange my house so that the baby can be properly fit in. I have done lots of brainstorming on this one, and I think I about have that figured out... but, it requires alot of lifting... knowing me, I hope someone offers to help soon, or I might try to do it by myself. I like things done on MY schedule, and I can get myself into trouble that way. I rearranged my apartment when we lived by the church by myself when I was pregnant with Charity. I am sure my husband was shocked to come home to a whole new arrangement in his house. He was worried that I had hurt myself, but I reassured him that I used my legs and not my back. He actually liked how it looked! Once I get something in my mind, it sure is hard to change me. Not to mention, when I get a color scheme in my mind... I even painted when I was pregnant with Charity. Now I am thinking about somethings that I would love spray painted. I bought some stuff to decorate with. (Forgive the prepositions at the end of the sentences... I don't feel like be gramatically proper today.)
Wow, I think I probably smell like bleach right now... hope my hubby likes that scent, because he will be home soon. I bleached alot of stuff today! I make it sound like my house is really clean, but it is far from being done! It is difficult to get everything done in one day when you have two small children you bathe everyday, and you obviously have to feed and care for them. Fortunately, they played well (overall) together this morning. That does NOT happen so easily all the time. I still had to hear, "Mommy, Charity hit me!" and "Mommy, Charity said NO!" So young... yet already fighting!
Hey... I know I have bragged alot today (just felt like it during this break, I suppose), but you will never guess what time I got up this morning! I got up around 4:30am, and made my hubby sausage and biscuits for breakfast before he left for work! Okay, I cheated on the biscuits... I popped open a can and just baked them. No, I did not stay up. I ate with Ron, then had devotions, and put myself back into my cozy bed until probably around 8:30!
Would love to have pictures today, but my disk is temporarily with someone else. I feel lost without it. Now you just get to read my boring entry without pictures! Enjoy, and I hope I have inspired some soul!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sarah, enjoyed reading about your very busy day. I can't believe you got up at 4:30 AM! Sounds like you've been able to get alot done today. It always feels so good to know that you're getting somewhere. I know it's hard with kids though. Hope you have a good evening.

Sarah Cook said...

Not sure who the person above is, or what they are talking about. Persons who decide to check out this website, do it at your own discretion.