Friday, September 21, 2007

The "MOM" moment

Has your child ever embarrassed you? I mean REALLY embarrassed you?

This is what happened this evening. Went to the park... great daddy and mommy! Ron smelled something when we got the kids out of the car... He checked Charity's diaper... good to go! So, off we went... I let the girls go play on the slides, which Faith has become very good at lately. Ron sat beside me later, and as we were talking, Faith made a little friend (male, perhaps 3 years old) who asked her to go meet his daddy... Funny! Okay, so I thought this to be a little young, but cute. This "daddy" had a little girl, too, who was probably Charity's age. Anyway, when Charity decided to go down the slide the other kids were on, Ron asked me to go over to her to make sure she didn't fall... When I arrived on the scene, something was definitely NOT right! There was a foul odour... and, it was coming from my oldest. You guessed it! Not so potty trained after all! On the slide, right by that poor daddy, who shortly left after the discovery, was not a pretty sight. So, I being common sensed (HA!) clean off the polluted slide. Then, into my mind, comes the thought... OH, NO! She has been on numerous slides. You guessed it again! Most of the slides in the park had the precious mark of my three year old's presence. I was glad I had plenty of wet wipes on hand, and the park got a little bath. Could have died! Wondered in agony what the other parents thought. I would have been a little more than upset if I were them, having to tote off their now dirty children to go home! Either you laugh or cry, so I decided to think it to be somewhat funny... I suppose! Poor Faithy! She was too young to be embarrassed, but this mama may never quite be the same!
I am sure you'll understand the lack of pictures to go with this post... I think you all have enough imagination to get the point!
Well, the house arranging and cleaning are going well, and I am pretty proud of that... but, I certainly could not have done it without my strong hubby, and actually, my children even helped clean... yes, they can make good little helpers! I will have to share all that at a later time! Good night, and may you all have pleasant smelling dreams!

2 comments:

Martha C said...

Hilarious! I, too, would have been dying.
Here is a "cute" one on Ethan that you might enjoy. . .
Short story is that I do not think bodily gases are funny, and no matter how many boys join this household, they are not permitted to release them at free will during dinnertime! Icky! Now, you would think that rule would carry over to the church pew, but not with a four year old.
Picture a nice Sunday evening, our little (well, maybe some of us are not so little anymore)sitting on the second to the front bench when all of a sudden I hear this very LOUD lawnmower in our pew. Lawnmower indeed - it was my gas filled four year old! The bad thing #1 was that it struck me funny -trying not to burst out loud funny! The bad thing #2 is that in normal circumstances I bury my head in my lap or purse, but, alas, I no longer have a lap! It would be even more distracting to bring my purse to my face, so I sat there turning red and hiding my face in a book. It might not have been so bad had Ethan not started laughing at me, and then I noticed Troy was snickering! I was a laughing mess, and seriously thought I would have to leave the service. (Why do I sit in the front?!)
Well, we all survived. I was able to tell my friend (who was sitting in the back on the OTHER side of church)what the noise was and why I was laughing, and most importantly there is a new rule~~ No "lawnmowers" allowed at church either!
Oops. That was a bit long, wasn't it?! Hope you do not mind my post in your comment section! Ha. :-)

Sarah Cook said...

That's great, Martha! No, I don't mind the story, I enjoyed it!