Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I think I am going to start a dental hygiene job!

Right here in my house! Yep, whip out a regular toothbrush, say some nice things, wipe off teeth with fluoride afterward... say, "no cavities" and send people away with a bill of about $135. I could make good money... you think?
Well, before y'all rush over here eager to give your money away, I must confess my sarcasm... You see, Faith had her first dental appointment yesterday, and the above just about sums it up. Yes, they were gentle, and Faithy had a good first experience in the dentist office, although the girls picked out hideous toys... an eye ball bouncy ball thing and a set a play cards... definitely NOT what I would have them to choose! Some of their hideous types of toys have a way of disappearing via Mommy... no, I don't throw all their toys away, but I have to have a limit!
Anyway, back to the appointment... when we were through, I found out the cost was much more than I thought, and had been told by someone over the phone, I believe! Our insurance would not even cover it all... we are supposed to pay almost $50 of it! You must understand, I tried to get a good deal here, and found it to be probably the most expensive place I have ever been!
We were not exactly happy customers... liked the service... for a toothbrush cleaning, I suppose, and Faith liked the "free" toothbrush and hideous toys... but, as ends meets type of people, we are still in shock! I mean, this doesn't even include x-rays, polishing;just regular toothbrush cleaning (like we do everyday!), fluoride, and a quick peak by the doctor!
You see, I am a thrifty type of gal. I found a school desk for my niece a few weeks ago. (She is home schooled, and her parents were about to pay too much for a new one!) Do you know how much I paid for that thing!? $.54... that is right... fifty-four cents! Long story! Most of my children's clothing is either hand me down, thrift-store bought, or on a serious sale! No, my children DO NOT dress raggy and tattered. I like them to be well dressed, but God has blessed me with so much that their clothes hardly fit into their drawers! $50 is alot of money to give for a toothbrush! Hope it lasts a LONG time!
Just wondering, what does your dentist charge?

No comments: