Saturday, September 29, 2007

Loving Life

Saturday morning I woke up BEFORE 7:00. Applause. Didn't go to bed Friday night until after midnight. Pause. No, I was not contemplating deep thoughts in my recliner with my study books at hand. No, I was not cradling an ill child, or talking deep philosophy with my precious husband. What was I doing up at that time of night?



I was having a BLAST! Okay, the wonderful person with whome I was shopping, was not having so much fun. Bless her heart, we both had our children with us because our hubbies were out of town, totaling 5 small children, and one who is coming soon (mine, that is!). I was a chatter box... no big surprise! Everything in the world got talked about, due to my conversations being bottled up for so long, and the fact that I just love to talk. I could talk for hours on end, and not get anything accomplished (except to seem ridiculous to all around me). Not really proud of all that, but ask my parents, hubby, or close friends... I think they have all been shocked at my never ending flow of words... I will even repeat the same story sometimes, just to have more of a chance to be vocal.



Anyway, Ron had taken a large group of young people to a lock-in in Zanesville, Ohio, and Brother Manley was gone to some sort of event this weekend, so I thoughtit would be a great time for Sister Manley and I to get together and do something ladies like to do. Really, I don't usually mind having my kids coming along, because it is what I am used to. So... off we went to go out to eat andgo shopping! Fun, fun.



It all started off that my girls were in their jammies the whole time...love my girls' PJs! Then, the place we chose to eat out at was packed... we had to wait for highchairs for our babies, and the noise and the busyness of it all was playing on my dear friend's nerves. I was just happy to be near yummy food, and was glad that I only had to pay $5, plus tax, for my meal, and my children's meals were free! I would say that was a nice bargain for getting all you could eat! The restaurant had a hideous cartoon playing "Pokemon." I am very anti-Pokemon... but, we survived the Cici' exerience. A little frazzled, but well.

Then, we went shopping. I had a total of $15 to spend on this whole evening, so I had to be a wise shopper! Ha! I was down to nine something because of the meal, but I liked looking around and daydreaming anyway! My oldest daughter had the case of "I want to buy this, I want to buy that!" One dollar to heris equal to $500. She didn't even have any money, she just loves to beg.

Then, the worst thing ever started to happen... my children got tired! Major melt-down! It starts offwith whining and complaining, and then, later comes the worst behaviors you ever saw from a human being... uncontrollable screaming and crying, you would have had to be there. Okay, my princesses are a bit on the strong-willed side, so when the strong willed hearts meet absolute exhaustion, it is not a pretty sight indeed.

We got "lost" going to Walmart... don't ask! Sister Manley was getting so nervous, and I was taking it all in. I thought it was fun! I have been lost so much, and ususally despise the lost feeling unless a friend is driving! Then, for some weird reason, I sometimes think it is really fun! I, chatter-boxing in the front seat, her children giggling and tickling each other in the back seat, Faithy crying out "We're lost, we're lost, we're lost, we're lost!", and both babies whimpering for their mothers... it is a miracle that she didn't loose her mind! I am laughing even now just thinking of this whole scene.

Well, to make a very long story short, we actually made it to Walmart, where I actually made some purchases (the other store I had just browsed). This is the place that Sister Manley and I were when we looked over while in the shoe department just to find Faith without her clothes on. Because she had on a sleeper, she felt it necessary to disrobe herself to try on flip-flops... She is obsessed with flip-flops! Oh, my silly child! Faithy's behavior kept getting worse, and by the time that we were back in the van, she was a nightmare! We survived, but I am not sure we will ever completely recover from this episode... definitely not sure that we will ever go late night shopping together with our children again!

Sometimes you just have to laugh or die, I think this time I will laugh.

Well, on a more serious note, I have been reading some child training material lately, and I am trusting that God will give me wisdaom and help, as I train my children to obey better and have better attitudes... God is helping me make necessary changes already, and I am glad!

Oh, for those who think me "brave" about the cloth diaper thing... think "crazy" instead! But, it really isn't that bad. I am happy just knowing that with every diaper change, I am saving money... not sure how long I will keep doing this, but for now, it is manageable :-) You always thought I was off my rocker anyway, huh? You're right, but I am having fun!

1 comment:

Dixie said...

Wow, sounds like a very wild and crazy day.
I hope the cloth diaper thing goes good for you.