Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A New Fear

I suppose getting that Noah's Ark video for the girls from the library wasn't a good idea after all. I don't usually get videos anymore from the library anyway, don't ask me what caused me to do it this time. It was kind-of cute, although maybe not quite Biblically acute, but now my daughter has a new fear... She already loves the story of Noah as it is and this just added to her fascination. (Which I love my children's fascination with the Bible anyway.) Well, yesterday, Ron, the girls, and I went on a walk through the woods at Ceaser's Creek... it was thundering and by the time we were almost back to our car, it had started to sprinkle. Faith started to panic. She kept begging me to carry her, and insisted that a flood was coming. I tried to reassure her that a flood was not coming, and that God had promised He would not flood the whole Earth again.
She is really getting tender toward the Bible, and that is great. Heard her singing, "Since Jesus Came Into My Heart" and many other songs on the trip to Ceaser's Creek yesterday, and this overflowed Ron's heart. He said it was worth it all just to hear her singing those songs!
Lately she has been drawing crosses alot, and the other day she drew a large cross "for Jesus" and a small one "for Faith." Another time, she stood up on my bed with her arms outstretched and was pretending to be on a cross.
She is also memorizing scriptures. A Beka has these verse cards for each letter of the alphabet, and this is what she is learning right now. She is now on the D verse, and is doing fantastic! Praise God!
Now I long to see her really give her heart to Jesus. She has prayed before and asked Jesus to come into her heart, but she was quite little and I am not sure what she knew... I hope to see a real hunger and change within the next year or two.
As for Charity, she is only one, and still demonstrates a very strong will... and, loves yelling "No!" and "Mine!" Faithy struggled with strong willed behavior when she was little too. Still does sometimes... had a "battle" just the other day, and it was not pretty. Be glad you missed it. After proper disciplining, she was a much better little girl that day... Disciplining is not always my favorite job... sometimes makes me want to cry with the child, but it must be done.
Anyway, coming off my soapbox, I thought you all would enjoy the Noah story. Don't always know what is going through a child's mind!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sarah, that is so cute about Faith! She really picks up on things. I felt sorry for her being so worried about a flood coming.