Saturday, October 13, 2007

Not Again!

Okay... I still have my internet, believe it or not! I still haven't made that phone call to cancel!
Been having some exciting days these past few days... Went to GBS Homecoming last night and it was fun! The crowds bothered me a bit, since it is not easy to get around 100s of people without loosing a toddler! But, we actually made it, and the singing was great! My kids were bad, and I could just imagine what the other folks around me were thinking when they saw suckers in my children's mouths during church. We sat against the wall and I really didn't want to get out of my seat to climb over a half a dozen people to take a child out for a "meeting." I could see myself tripping over someone's foot and making a loud exit as I scrambled back up huge bellied with two toddlers crying behind me for mercy... so I pacified my children with whatever I could to make it through the service... bad mommy! Oh, well! My oldest sang loudly with those who were singing "How Great Thou Art." At first I thought she was shouting! I had to laugh... she was so into the song!
There was someone dressed up like a cow in the gymnasium where the booths were, and Faith flipped out! She was so scared! There was no convincing her that it was safe, she was beside herself with fear! Inside I thought it was funny, but I felt bad for her too. It was about the first thing she mentioned to me when she got up this morning! I suppose it will be a while before she recovers! I told her it was a person playing dress up, and she said something about it being jammies (PJs). I think she is getting the idea now.
Oh, it was sure nice to see so many "old" friends. I honestly was impressed by some of you into deep thoughts! I realized that the marriages that I really held highly were my friends who were very happy... or at least acted like it, and were very respectful to one another... they still were in love and didn't have a panicked look. Not that their children were being little angels, or that they were feeling well, but they were calm and friendly... I don't know, maybe I need to take a chill pill, but I must confess that I don't think I smile enough, and relax... And, then I evaluated my actions toward Ron in public... Am I submissive and cheerful about it? Or, do I constantly give him that look? Ron is a very capable leader of a family and, you know, I do feel much more thankful and content when I let him do his job. Hmmm.... now you all didn't know you were such inspirations, did you?
Oh, guess what happened this morning!? I got this strange feeling... not a comfy one... especially when you are seeing spots and feeling like you must still down before your body explodes or you pass out! A warning signal went off in my head! For those who don't know I have had problem with high blood pressure at the end of each of my last two pregnancies and was put on bedrest! I did NOT feel well this morning... and, I just KNEW what was wrong... so, I called my nurse friends from church and asked if they would kindly stop by and check my blood pressure. 130/94 was the reading... and, that was even a few hours later when I was feeling better! Oh, no! What is my doctor going to say?! I usely have pretty BP readings except in late PG. This is high compared to my normal readings... I think I shall laugh if she tries to put me on bedrest. #1 I have 2 toddlers, a husband, and a house to care for.
#2 I don't sit still very well.
#3 I have many responsibilities at our church... and, did I mention that I can't sit still!?
At least the reading wasn't as bad as one time when I was pregnant with Charity and the bottom number was 101! My feet are not swollen, and I haven't spilled proteins according to my doctor at my last visit. I haven't called her yet, but I think I might have to soon... She tells me to "do that praying thing you do, it seems to work." Bless her heart, she doesn't realize in not my actions, but the Person I know who is helping me.
Do pray for me, I know that if it keeps going up, she is going to put me on bedrest, and I will not know how to control myself. I am very choosy about the care of my children, and I don't like people to see my house in an unheaval! Plus, meals, and all that stuff...
Uh Oh, I need to go, my children are raiding the refrigerator! They both just came in with chocolate syrup bottles in their hands, and Faith was licking the top of one! Aaaugh! Help! Like I said, "How could I go on bedrest?" NOT AGAIN!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Thanks for "listening" and understanding my post . . . It helps to have a reality check and remember that things like that happen everywhere to everyone!

Somehow I had missed the fact that you had a blog, till today! :>) I'll be back!

Praying the blood pressure gets down soon!
Lizzy

Dixie said...

Sorry to hear about your BP. I hope it comes down and stays down.

sorry I missed you at Homecoming, would have loved to have seen you.

Anonymous said...

Wish you the best with your blood pressure. Somehow I didn't see you at Homecoming. I guess that's not surprising with the throngs around. Hope everything is going back to baseline for you. Blessings!

By the way, the cow was a little freaky! :)