Saturday, October 27, 2007

When it rains, it pours!

And, we are drenched here! I have not been obeying my doctor! You would just have had to be here to know why!

Believe it or not, FAITH HAS CROUP! It has been one of the more scary illnesses my children have ever had... It is a terrifying thing knowing your child can hardly breathe! And, the hoarse breathing with the barky cough is almost unnerving! She received an injection today and a breathing treatment, I don't know if it will be enough... we may need to go back for more!

My dad just got out of the hospital, and they couldn't find anything wrong... some believe God healed him... Perhaps so. They had fear congestive heart failure or something to do with the lungs because of the symptoms he was having... but, they couldn't find anything.

I was told my uncle was in the hospital at the same time, and facing surgery.

I sit here still wondering how I am to keep my blood pressure under control with all the stress. I am reminded of the song that says, "When All Around My Soul Gives Way, He Then Is All My Hope And Stay."

Please, please pray for us. Especially for another "unspoken" or "unwritten" request (very, very serious... perhaps more than any of the other things mentioned!) of a certain family member... this is extremely dear to my heart. This loved one doesn't wish to be broadcasted right now.

Gotta go... I am cramping and need to change positions!

Thanks for your prayers!

2 comments:

Martha C said...

Sorry to read about Faithy. I know all about kids not breathing! It is not fun. Ethan has never had croup, but with his asthma I have spent many hours willing him to get better, constantly giving him breathing treatments. . . I will be praying for you!

Sarah Cook said...

Martha, I actually though of you durin this, and your ears must have been burning because I was just talking about Ethan's asthma tonight to someone and how I don't know if I could handle doing this type of thing all the time like you do. YOu are so patient! This type of thing scares me so badly!