Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Ouch, but Amen!

Almost through reading "Created To Be His Helpmeet." Great book, and very challenging! A must read! You must be tough, and willing to study and make necessary changes though. I already am finding more joy in my marriage!
I must confess to you, ladies, I was a wretched wife when I first got married. I am really embarrassed at how ignorant and childish I was. I made life miserable for my husband, children, and me... and, several women, I am sure, whom I kept calling and whining! Every little thing, I became a martyr! I am really embarrassed to confess my yelling and slamming doors when I didn't get my way... I was a toddler at best! But God... Praise His Name Forever has been cleansing that self-centerness away! (No, I didn't break things... but, I did break my husband's heart!) Now, I adore my husband... okay, sometimes he leaves his socks outside on the porch, and little things like that get on my nerves, but it really is not a big deal, and I don't throw a tantrum over it! You know, it actually seems that my husband is changing too. Maybe it is because God is making me to be more Christ-like and kind, and you know, Ron seems to love being around me even more... he likes me to follow him around sometimes in the house and hang out with him... he calls me numerous times throughout the day, sometimes just to say "I Love You," or "How is your day going? How are the kids?" I eat it up! Keep in mind that we haven't even been married five years yet. I am so glad that God is teaching me at an early stage, but sorry that I was terrible at the beginning. I couldn't ask for a better hubby or one who loves God more. He is a real minister, whether he is here or elsewhere! I am proud of him!
Okay, my point is... Get That Book! And, be willing to be changed forever!

No comments: