Monday, October 29, 2007

Thank you so much for praying!

Seeing definite improvements in my children! Ron went to work as I knew he probably would. He is not a lazy guy, and he actually seems to like to work... whereever he is! He is not easy to get to sit down for long. I did finally go back to sleep, although whenever someone would disturb me, I was very grouchy! Too tired to be bothered. Today, I have actually relaxed and have hardly done a thing. Good thing, because I have a dr appointment this afternoon, and would not want to make doctor upset about my not resting. I actually feel really tired, and would love to sleep the day away.

I am so glad that my children seem to be getting well... Praise be to Jesus Who does hear and answer prayer. I hope croup never visits our home again... Faithy frightened me more than I can say! Thanks again for your prayers!

Continue to pray for Dad. He actually is still not feeling well! And, pray for that sort-of unspoken, unwritten, request that was mentioned in an earlier post!

By the way, the teens from our church who went to Youth Challenge did an excellent job speaking at our church last night! I wasn't able to go to Youth Challenge as I am sure you could imagine! But, their reports were beautiful! God is really doing great things in their lives, and I am excited to see what He is doing! Oh, and thank you to the teen girls who called me to say hi from Youth Challenge! They made my day! I was feeling so disconnected from them, and wanted so badly to be at Youth Challenge with them, but I really enjoyed their phone call, even if we missed the belching contest... Don't ask... yes, it is gross, but you never know what these girls are doing on their spare time :-) That was another year's memory!

My helpers for Children's Church are doing an excellent job as well. When we are through with the construction theme, we plan on doing a "Beginnings" theme. Thanks to Lauren M., Ron, Karen B., some teens, Electa H., and several others (especially Mel Y. who loaned and donated some material for our present theme), Children's Church marches on. All I really have to do is organize, plan, and hand out jobs (which is work, but kind-of fun!). They do the tough work. And, that is beautiful to me! And, more "restful." Hope to get some pictures posted of the construction theme soon.

The church had Pastor Appreciation night last night, and it was fun... for this was the first time in probably two weeks that I have gone to church, and I have missed it! (I don't usually make it a habit to miss church :-) but I didn't have much choice in the matter.) We have an awesome pastor and family, and I sure hope they enjoyed the fellowship and gifts. Their friendship means so much to our family!

Well, I need to go. Thanks again for all your prayers... Oh, and one more thing, I was told that they weren't able to do that surgery on my uncle... so keep praying for him, too. Well... there's the news... good and bad... but, we are marching on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sarah, glad to hear that Faith is getting over the croup. I'm sure that was very hard for you to deal with if she wasn't able to breathe very well. Hope your doctor appointment goes ok.