Monday, March 10, 2008

Figuring out my computer!

Here, I thought I had fixed those spelling errors, but my spell check has personality! Oh, well, I think it is better now. Got that time thing fixed, too.

Well, it sure was nice to see our friends at the Kenwood Bible Methodist Church last night. Ron was to give his life story (shortened and edited version, of course). He did a good job. Glad the weather was better. Never know what to expect these days. It was nice to see GBS's President Michael Avery and Sister Avery, Dr. Wingham (who married Ron and me), Ohio Bible Methodist's President Clair Sams and his wife, Brother and Sister Durr, Larry Smith and his wife, the Cassity's, Jenny, Brother McLaughlin, and several others at the service last night. There wasn't a large crowd, I am sure it was the weather, but it definitely was fun seeing some of the ones we know have been praying so much for us. Enjoyed the meal afterwards cooked by the Durrs and Sams. Thank you, dear friends, for inviting us!

Today is a big day at the Cook home, for today RON RETURNED TO WORK! He was really tired, but he got up and went! He's a tough guy if I ever saw one! We actually figured things up again, and it might be that his chemo will be over in May! Then, of course, there will be more tests to see if it was sufficient. Hopefully, it will all be over! Would you believe the man still has hair!? Many people loose their hair, and he has been, but he still has plenty (although he is keeping it very short). His scar looks like it is fading some, and when his hair all grows back, you may not even notice it much!

A spiritual thought: I am lately realizing the power behind fasting and prayer. I have never really made myself do it much before, but I realize now that it is a Biblical practice, and that if I want to see some people saved, I am going to have to do it. I love our teens we work with, and I went to prayer for them one day, for many of them had been missing church and I was really concerned for their souls. I missed them sooo badly! Would you know that the next Sunday nearly every teen was at church! There IS power in prayer! But, I also know that it takes sacrifice and discipline to pray this way, because Satan loves to use this time to fight against you. He did it to Jesus, too, when He was fasting and praying, but Jesus was victorious and we can be too! I am excited about this new "ministry." It is difficult in the winter for me to get out and go witnessing, because of the little ones, but when it gets nice outside, I like to go for walks with the children. This is when I get to do alot of witnessing. Parks are an awesome place to talk to parents (or grandparents) about Jesus and going to church. Or, going door to door passing out cookies and tracts is fun, too. So, in the winter, I feel at a loss! I can't take a newborn out in the snow! But, for those of you who also cannot get out, pray! That is where the real power is anyway! God is answering prayer, and I am excited! I know that you are not to brag and show off the fact you are fasting and praying, and I do not want that, but I would love to challenge my fellow readers in joining me praying for lost souls and for our own selves... many of us have some hurdles to jump. I know I do!

May you have a great week!

No comments: