Friday, March 28, 2008

Please, don't share...

germs! Yes, there has been a passing of germs around here! Again! Such is life with little ones sometimes!

I must apologize for not getting that video fixed of my little Hope. It is so adorable, and I want to share it with you all, so I will plan to get that fixed eventually. It just takes so long to upload, and I am so often in a hurry. I know I haven't updated for a while, so here is a quick one... not so fun news first, then you can enjoy the fun stuff afterward.

We've all taken turns being under the weather... even my little Hope. Between the combination of Hope's sad cold, Charity's vomiting a couple of times, Faithy's complaining of a bellyache, my stomach ache and serious drained feeling, and Ron's critically low blood count... we've had a time of it... but, we are amazingly active for a sick bunch! The two older girls seem to be well now, and I am making the baby sleep a lot! Sleep seems to help bodies heal so much faster! I even slept part of the day away myself... couldn't help it, I felt robbed of life and even had trouble walking straight! I feel a little better now! Guess it's a flu thing. I don't want to embarrass Ron by saying too much, but I would appreciate you all praying for him because he is a bit more tired and weaker due to the wear and tear of the chemo that he is still taking every other week. He has been so tough this far. He is scheduled to preach at our church Sunday night and he seems to be excited about whatever it is he feels led to preach about. He had a few days off work because of Spring break, and that helps one to get some extra rest!

Here is another one of Faith's cute thoughts...
It was time for bed one night when Faith said something like this:
"When I get up from taking a nap, can Mommy, Daddy, Faithy, and Charity go to Heaven? Maybe I could take my blanket, pillow, and bed with me. That would be too heavy for me. Maybe I could sleep on the disciples' beds."
That was so cute!

Now she has been playing "crucifixion," too. She has "crucified" my guests, her dolls, and her Daddy. Someday, she will understand the real pain that went with Jesus' death, and His wonderful love for her. Right now, she is really into Bible stories and acting them out. My children's ages are so fun, and exhausting at the same time. They say some of the cutest things, and sometimes the most embarrassing. Faith is so open with people and says what she thinks, while Charity is generally more reserved and shy, but very good at letting us know she has a "need." Charity is talking so well. It looks funny, because she is so tiny, she doesn't look like she should be just walking and talking so well. She is my petite one right now. Hope is now 15 pounds, and only 3 1/2 months old! I can loose just about any bad mood when I see her smiling so beautifully at me. It is so incredible to have these little people's utmost trust in me. May God help me do my best to show them His love and kindness. It sure does get tough to be patient with them, and often I fail in that area. I know I am blessed with fantastic children and an awesome husband. For this, once again, I give thanks!

update: He is now scheduled to preach in the morning instead of evening tomorrow.

1 comment:

The Yates said...

Just stopping by to remind you that you are in our prayers. Keep encouraged! Made me a little homesick hearing about your PA trip. I agree with Marlin, wish we were closer! But being in the center of the Lord's will is where I want to be.