Friday, March 7, 2008

VACATION!!! Well, sort-of...

if you count toting three children three and under all over the place and driving hours upon hours as vacation! But, hey, it WAS really fun! Our kind church paid our way to the Outreach and Bus Convention in Lebabon, PA! On our way, we took a quick detour down to DC. It was a crazy and fast trip, and it was night-time... the traffic was horrible, but we got to drive by the White House, the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, and, I believe that one building was the Pentagon. It was very fast, but sooo exciting! I love the way some of those old buildings are made. We were all so fascinated! Oh, but, you should have seen us try to drive around that area! The weather was nice, and I had my window down; then, Ron made a quick turn and my cell phone, which had been lying on the dash, flew out the window and into the street, and we were horrified watching the cars fly by it! Ron stops the car, puts on the emergency lights, and jumps out to run and to get it! It still worked! Still shocked that those cars did not hit it! Praise God!

Then, Tuesday, we went to Sight and Sound, which was putting on Daniel and the Lion's Den! So cool!

Then, Tuesday evening through Thursday was the Convention. While going back to Ohio on Thursday, we drove through Hershey, PA. Didn't get to stop, but I was fascinated... I am a chocolate lover!

Then, that night we stayed at a "nice" hotel that appeared very clean... but, alas, upon pulling back the bed covers for my little girls to get in bed... BEHOLD! A ROACH LYETH UPON THY PILLOW! We quickly made a change of rooms!

During our final hours of driving home... a blizzard struck (to our dismay)! We probably passed 20 accidents, even a patrol car appeared to be a part of one of the accidents! One accident had a vehicle on TOP of a guard-rail. (Sorry, but that DID fascinate me, too!). Then, there was that semi that had jack-knifed, too. Yep, it was a little scary out there... so please pardon the absence of pictures of our trip, for I don't feel like going to the library in a blizzard in order get my pictures on my blog. I do plan to share those with you, however, in the near future.

Ron had chemo today, so we had to get back for that. He teases me about the Nupogen shots I have been giving him. He thinks I enjoy it as a type of revenge or something! Ha! I enjoy it because I have fascinations with health and medical stuff, NOT as a revenge... bless his heart!

We had a great week, and wouldn't trade it for anything! Enjoyed the sessions and seeing many old friends and making some new! Loved the crazy things that happen to us on family trips! Gotta have a good laugh!

Monday, Ron is scheduled to return to work after perhaps four months of being on medical leave of absence and receiving sick-leave and catastrophic sick leave pay!!! We have been VERY well cared for, and everyone has been so kind. Life is returning to a little more of a schedule... don't know whether to me happy or not... but, I am glad my hubby is as well as he is! Thanks again to EVERYONE for all you have done... keep praying! Love ya!

By the way, the word for today is "fascinate."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad you enjoyed your trip. I thought about you several times this week! I'm glad you made it home safe and sound with all this crazy weather.