Monday, August 25, 2008

I am teachable...

or, at least I hope I am. Got some advice today that did not feel good to get... but, then again, the Bible does speak about being one who is wise enough to take counsel, huh?

Let me just throw in this thought... vinegar is a food item! Doesn't smell yummy, and doesn't taste yummy without being in a recipe... like pickles. It is great for getting spots off of dishes, and for cleaning some things. I also know people, including myself, who have used it to clean residue from hair occasionally. (I use gel and hairspray, because my hair is naturally curly, for some of my hairstyles... and, sometimes a bit of vinegar helps clean it out!) A friend told me that vinegar is considered a folk-lore medicine... not sure what for. Tasting it will NOT harm you... but, who wants to do that?! Just like advice, it can be hard to smell or take, but it does not harm you. Just thought I would leave you that thought.

I have not been teaching Faith much for the past couple of weeks, because of the stress. Rather, we have opted to have fun. The girls enjoyed their slip-n-slide and pool last week. I enjoyed some quick runs to the store. (I try not to take too long, so that Ron doesn't have to watch the girls for great periods of time.) I found some dresses and clothes for only $2 each at Meijer's. Charity and Hope wore some of those new dresses on Sunday, and Hope has on a new skirt today. I love those sells, because I love dressing up my children! When I came home from one of those trips (which was probably 1 1/2 hours total), my Faithy came to me and exclaimed, "Mommy, I missed you sooo much!" She seemed so excited to see me, I thought, "Maybe I should go out more often!" The girls were so happy about everything I bought. They gasped with joy over Charity's Dora pull-ups, the grapes (which was on a great sale!), bananas, Dora the Explorer yogurt, the 2 dollar outfits... they just make me laugh! It doesn't take a lot of money to make my children happy... just lots of kisses, hugs, Christian books or entertainment, praise, music, friends, and good food. Of course, there are some things they have to do that are not always fun... like cleaning up after themselves or eating broccoli, but it is good for them!

It was nice having my good friend, Electa, here today (my back-massaging friend from church)... enjoyed talking about creative ideas on cakes and desserts, decorating (Electa is HIGHLY talented in these areas!) and loved the conversation about pickling! Good to hear from my Grandma on the phone today... I love her so much! Good to have my mother-in-law here for a while today, too, even if I did accidently stab her with my hair stick (or whatever it is called)... SOOO sorry, Mom! She gave me a bubble kiss (her way of kissing her family), and I cringed because it tickled and when I turned my head, my hairstick stabbed her! It is quite sharp! What a terrible thing to do to her after she helped me clean up my house!

My girls were VERY hyper today, but we survived! Poor Pat, Electa, and Dulcee got to see them on one of the most hyper moments of their lives! The girls were late for their afternoon naps, so maybe that played a part in their very wild behavior... or, maybe they were excited about the company... they absolutely LOVE Pat! They think he is really funny... Hope especially loves him! Or, maybe, there was something strange in that Domino's Pizza we ate!

Ron went to the doctor today. Shenna, his sister, is getting her blood tested to see if she is a match for him... in case he will need someone else's blood cells besides his own. Thank you, Shenna, for being willing to donate!

I am really happy to have healthy, happy, intelligent, spiritually-inclined, beautiful little girls. They are not perfect... they seem to have a passion for fighting with one another over little petty things... yet, they are best friends. I am happy that I have a husband who loves the Lord, me, our children, and souls. I am happy to have good food, friends, fellowship, fun, (hey, these words are all starting with F), and a faithful God who loves me. Counting my blessings! Naming them one by one... oh, yes, and then, there is COFFEE! That sounds yummy right now!

Gotta go! Got a baby diaper to change, and some coffee to make!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sarah, I noticed the beautiful dresses your girls were wearing on Sunday. I cannot believe you found them for $2! What a deal. I might have to check my Meijer!

Constance said...

What great deals that you got. I would love to see pictures of the dresses. I enjoyed your update. We are still praying for you guys.