Friday, August 8, 2008

I have got the blogger blues...

Can't get to the library.
My computer is too slow.
Have many lurkers.
Leaving comments... no!
Okay, I am not really mourning blogging that badly. I have much more important things on my mind, which I will share with you in the near future.
Yes, I am a true Proverbs 31 woman this morning as I got up at wee hours of the morning, threw laundry in the washer, folded some, turned on dishwasher, made coffee and frozen Pillsbury biscuits (I love those things!), took out the trash, read from my new-to-me Study Bible, and my little Hope is already up. Dear Ones, it is a fine thing to get up a little after five AM, because by the time my other children get up, I can have so much already done. I think I might like to make it a habit... I even got to see my hubby off to work (yes, he started back to work this week).
So glad I am being a good wife this morning, because I wasn't last evening... my irritation at our little people was annoying hubby. I threatened my children that I would throw away toys if they didn't pick them up very quickly. (It was time for bed, and their room was NOT in a good state!) I actually DID throw away one junky little toy to prove to my children I was very serious... Faith suddenly LOVED that toy and cried greatly... I melted and told her if she hurried up that she could have it back. I usually allow one basket of toys out at a time, but things got a little out of hand yesterday, and they had quite the mess. Let's just say, the room looked MUCH better when they went to bed... I explained to them that I wasn't throwing away their toys because I didn't love them, but because I wanted them to learn that we must clean up after ourselves... so I felt a little mean, but it worked.
I started pre-school with Faith last Friday, and she is doing great! I love hearing her say "Capital I, Little i, says iii, as in Indian" all by herself, and then her I verse, "If ye shall ask anything in My name, I will do it. John 14:14" I am using Abeka Book K4, and even Charity likes being involved.
Well, there's a little update. Gotta go!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

So, from a someone who had her toys "thrown away"...don't sweat the mean feeling. I survived and it taught me a good lesson. My mother told me to clean my room one day and I was playing instead of cleaning. She came in with a big trash bag and said if I didn't hae my room clean in 15 min. she would throw anything touching the floor in the trashbag! I started cleaning fast! I only lost a few toys and she gave them back after a few days because she only said she was going to put them in the trashbag. I drew the wrong conclusion and played right into her hand about the throwing away!

Unknown said...

Sarah, I enjoyed your update. I'm glad Faith is enjoying preschool so much. I might have to use your idea about throwing away toys to get Mollie to pick up. :-)

Martha C said...

It was fun to browse all of your pictures!
I have been getting up around 6 for a month or so now, and it has been working wonders! I will get more sleep someday, but now I need more time. I totally understand how you feel.

Martha C said...

The toy thing is pretty funny, too! :-) I am very "mean" and pitch all the time. I one day started giving them a list of all the broken things I could keep, and it clicked with them as to how cluttered our house could be. I also have a rule that if they keep broken toys, they will not get new ones. I am sure that some quack doctors would say I am damaging them somehow. :-)