Thursday, August 21, 2008

snows and woes

You know there is a cause for concern when you approach a certain room of the house (i.e. the children's room), and a VERY strong smell of baby powder reaches your nose before you even make it to the room. Yes, on the girls' hardwood bedroom floor was a nice big powdery mess! Upon my return to the room, I find that added to the powder, was water. Not very amuzing until my daughter said something to me for cleaning up her "SNOW"! I like creative children, but this was not what I had in mind... I told her that it was NOT snow, and not to ever do that again... I have cleaned up "snow," and cleaned up "snow," and the job is STILL not done, and it has been several days!

Overall, I am very impressed at how well Ron is doing! He is at work right now, believe it or not! He has figured out that it is not a good idea to eat too much right now while he is doing this intense chemo , and to pace himself with working, unless he wants to get sick. He looks pretty good, and even went to church last night. I think he is doing so well because you all are praying for him! Thank you!

Well, the woe part, is my mind swirling with thoughts like... "Our lease is almost up... what does God have planned next?" "Our refrigerator is going crazy... I can't figure out if it is dying or not!" "Baby Hope is running a fever... and, it is probably my fault because I had her playing in water outside yesterday, and maybe she got too cold." "I really need to get my house cleaned, but there are a few little people who would like to do the opposite... so maybe I could entertain them by_____ or _____ or______, and then give them a couple of chores, and we will be done!" "I still need to have devotions today...hmmm, wonder if I can wait until the girls' naptime." "Wow, am I behind on Faith's lessons!" "When will I get consistent on potty training Charity?" "I am sooo sure Ron is going to be really aching after they give him that shot today!" "How do I keep the baby away from Ron so that he doesn't catch what ever is causing her fever... or, maybe it is just a tooth coming in... can't catch that!"

How do I get my brain and emotions to calm done and just do the work?! Well, I am sure all of you have had such mornings when you just feel like curling back up in your bed and saying, "Maybe I will go back to sleep, and when I wake up, maybe it will all be better!" But, it doesn't get done without some hard work... so, off I go!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sis,
wow so the snow is still around so I read! I guess even my whole idea of letting it dry then sweeping didn't work, sorry to hear that!
I am glad Ron is doing so well with everything and your right about the prayers you have hundreds going up from around this area and you know there in hundreds from other areas! I believe God is gonna bring y'all through this thing victorious, God is awesome!
Well I love you and if you ever need someone to talk to you know my number, that is if I am not at work but even so I can always listen to you vent on an answering machine!
Rachel

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Hang in there Sarah. There is a light at the end of the tunnell and you will make it. Keep trusting Jesus. So good to hear of Ron doing so well. I just told mom this morning about his condition. We are praying. God is so good!! Take care. Luv ya.

Jana said...

Sarah, Not sure if you remember me but I just wanted to stop by and say "Hello". My husband and I went to G.B.S. with Ron. I met you at I.H.C. this year in the nursery. I enjoy stopping by your blog and reading your motherhood stories. I have four children. Life is busy/active/.... Keep encouraged!!!

Hope Ron continues to do okay. You're in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Love you, girl. So good to talk to you today. As always, I love the stories about your kids. They always make me smile - although I'm sure some of the stories weren't fun at the time. :) Blessings!

Martha C said...

Bless your heart, Sarah! I have felt so swarmed at times. Sorry I do not live closer; I'd try to help you some.

Stephanie said...

Sarah - I received your news about Ron's cancer returning via the pastor's wives website and now I am checking out your blog. My heart is hurting and sorrowing with you. Please know that Jonathon and I will be keeping both you and Ron and the girls all in prayer. We love you! God never fails, He is never late, and He is ALWAYS available to hear our fears and hurts. Wishing you some good sleep, a little laughter and blessings in the days ahead.

Sarah Cook said...

Thanks to all of you! You are such dear friends!

sankey family said...

Yes, I have had those days...and I understand your tumbling emotions. More importantly, so does God. I'll be praying for you!

Andy said...

So sorry to hear about Ron. My prayers are with you guys.

Been there with the powder. It's permanent residence is now on top of the fridge. I cleaned it up far too many times.

Don't stress about the house. Pick your battles. Those are two things that I try to keep in mind these days.