Monday, October 27, 2008

another update

Ron just finished the last chemo a little bit ago. He is doing well so far. The transplant is scheduled for tomorrow, and then if all goes well, he might get to go home in a just two more weeks. I can hardly wait!!!
The children are okay... missing Daddy, but doing they are doing fine otherwise.
I have to tell you that I am so thankful that my good friend Gloria Jean McGinnis was with me the other day when I had a moment of not being able to swallow my food (remember that thyriod nodule), and I threw up big time in the Wendy's here in the hospital... I was so embarrassed. I don't usually do that, but I was choking... what a memory.... She just kept running for more napkins. I actually had a good laugh about it later! It is funny now, but scary then. I certainly hope that nodule shrinks really soon.
I am having fun learning my way around here. When I first came up, I kept getting lost. Now, it is very easy (well, if traffic isn't too heavy and I have good directions).
I am so grateful for the fantastic babysitters I have, and all of the other support we have received. I have received backrubs, got travelling companions, received laundry help and financial boosts, got cards and have seen visitors, heard prayers, received hugs, free lodging and... well, you name it... it means sooo much. I just want to say THANK YOU! Most of all, I want to thank God, because He is teaching me some things during this time... I have not been abandoned (although I may not always "feel" He is near, I know that I can trust Him! He is the One who has worked out our needs.)

*I just edited this post... sorry if you did not get to read what I wrote earlier, because you would have been SHOCKED! I didn't proof-read it (and, it is still poorly written, but definitely better than what I had written), and it looked like I was saying something that I was not, and I laughed out loud when I came back and read it later! It would not have been good if you had read it. If you are a close enough friend, just ask me what I wrote and I can tell you in person. OOOPS! How embarrassing! HA!

3 comments:

Constance said...

Praise the Lord for all of the help that He has given and that is still yet to come.

Anonymous said...

I'm still praying. Glad that everything is moving along OK so far. So sorry about your Wendy's episode. (Although in hindsight it must be amusing!) I do pray with you that the nodule will go down soon!! Love you!

Dixie said...

Thinking and praying lots for you and Ron.