Thursday, October 2, 2008

Life's about to get crazy!

Without going into detail, I will say that we went to Columbus on Tuesday, and the next couple of months are going to be interesting! I will plan to update you on what is going occasionally, as I have a chance. I am tired just thinking about everything!

Somehow, I mustered up enough energy to rearrange some more in my house. My baby does not sleep through the night yet, and she is definitely old enough to start, so I am making adjustments in my home to see if my plan will work. I like to rearrange things anyway... gives a fresh perspective, I guess. But, I like to be the one to do it... I am pretty touchy when someone else tries to rearrange my house... especially if the one rearranging my house is under the age of 5... HA!

Just thought I would throw in a political opinion... I have been getting rather frustrated at the thought of how many people are voting for a man who supports the murdering of innocent lives!!! I get so disturbed, almost to tears, when I walk to the dollar store and I have to pass by an abortion clinic... I want to run after those pregnant women going in there (who, I was told, may have their babies killed up to 5 months of pregnacy), and plead with them to spare their little one... to let the little one live! I have heard about the beliefs of Barack Obama, and I fear for the lives of many little children! Don't people realize that this pagan, evil practice is something to fear more than even a money crisis! Ron has occasionally gone early in the morning for a walk around the abortion clinic to pray that God would intervene! It is heart-breaking! There is this precious woman whom I have seen standing MANY times on the sidewalk by the abortion clinic, and she is trying to help the women going in, to realize that there is hope... that they don't need to destroy their child. Ron and I have both talked with her on different occasions, and expressed how grateful we are for what she is doing. I have even thought about joining her. I thought that once people saw how cute my kids were, although bounding with energy, and if they could have a conversation with Faith, they would probably change their minds about hurting their child... sometimes my children are so funny, they can even make me laugh when I feel angry! I beg all of you to consider what is at stake as you vote in a few weeks! Why is it that people are so interested in saving bugs, trees, and animals, but they can throw away a new human life like some wart! Why is it that some people LONG to have a child, and try many times, and never have the children they so desparately want, but some other ungrateful, self-centered person, who cares more about "burdens" or "what people might think of them" wind up getting pregnant over and over and snuff the life out of each child because it is not convenient for them to care for them... or, like one lady I visited while I was doing jail ministry told me... the doctors lied to her and told her that it was just a piece of tissue... she wept as the truth finally struck her... she had had three abortions... three children gone, and the mother left to deal with the emotional trauma. I did feel sorry for her, as suddenly, her eyes were opened, and her heart was broken, and she wanted forgiveness, I could only comfort her by telling her that God could forgive her, and that she could now tell others the truth.

Anyway, I had better get off my soapbox, and check on my children who are supposed to be taking a nap and are not... I think they are having their own little party in their room.

4 comments:

Constance said...

We will be praying for you all over the next few weeks, especially. I agree with you on Obama. I pray the Lord will help this nation that it badly needs.

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

I agree with you 100%!! We need to band together as Christians and really take our nation to God in prayer. We need His help.

I like to rearrange my furniture too. I just don't have too many options because we are in such a small house. When Tom decides to help me it's a disaster. He always wants to start at midnight and then we are all night doing it. Just get out of my way and let me do it myself...lol.

Anonymous said...

I am very disturbed of reading your blog, This is wrong, ALOT of things is wrong that your saying, I understand who and what Obama stands for BUT its a womans right to do what she wants, I am not saying this is right because it isn't, But everyone needs to stop judging and pointing when you got Mr. McCain and his beliefs, Did you know his first wife was in a serious car wreck when he was in war and she couldn't walk and he found whom is his wife now he had numerous affairs and there whole family is top sellers of booze. So bottom line everybody has there OWN beliefs and apparently you are not aloud to express your beliefs anymore, Just cause he is for abortion doesn't mean your being MADE to have one, The woman has the right to do as she wants, Who to say as she may get older and that child is crying and how some of these crazy people are and kill there child and throw it into a dumpster?? I do agree abortion is wrong, But who do we really have to choose from here in this race???

Sarah Cook said...

Dear anon,
I am sorry that you feel this way. I will say that I am not necessarily promoting either man... both have flaws, but it has really stood out to me in this race the issues of abortion and same-sex marriage. Yes, we do have the freedom to say our opinions, but I don't believe it is right to destroy babies, nor do I believe it should be legal.
Thanks for sharing your opinion, and remember I am not saying either candidate is someone I would really like to be President, but I look at morals before anything.