Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Good Night's Sleep

Although Charity still had that runny nose, we mananged to sleep quite well last night (I think too well for Charity... she had an accident), and without cold medicine (read previous post), and I was very glad not to be kept up all night.

The girls have been "reading" books, playing David and Goliath (I think that is why one is a "giant"), and eating cereal. I was trying to get the house cleaned for Saturday's celebration and strip the girls' bedding. I stop to get on the computer, and Charity climbs on my lap, and I realize how wonderful it is to have such precious little people... I have been overly stressed lately and not always felt so thankful, but I really am blessed. I love my runny-nosed, mess making, "Mommy, I need you" calling, "I can to do it by myself" crying, beautiful little girls. I am proud to be their "Mommy Lion." If this doesn't make sense to you, that is because you don't live here :-)

3 comments:

Martha C said...

Know exactly what you mean! :-)

The Dickinsons said...

Enjoyed this post. I hope that y'all are having a very Merry Christmas.

Jenny said...

Sarah, I know exactly what you mean too. I think everyone that is a mom knows! :o) You are probably wondering who I am and why I keep up with your posts. I'm Darrell and Ella Gibson's daughter and I went to grade school with Ron way, way back in the day. Thank you for sharing your trials and triumph's of everyday life with all of us. You both are troopers!!
Sincerely,
Jenny Gibson Rish