Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Milestones

Sooo excited to announce that Faith has begun to read!!! She is only 4! She is learning to sound out blends, and surprised me a couple of days ago when she read her first 3 letter word. I felt proud to be able to teach her that important step!

Ron has been back to work since Monday. I felt sorry for him last night. He came home from work, ate, went to do some business, then went to the church board meeting, then visited with me, brushed Faith and Charity's teeth for bed, gave them a drink of water, then... what do you think happened?! Faith and Charity were waking up off and on ALL NIGHT!!! Come 4 something in the morning, I HAD ENOUGH... I was VERY frustrated!!! I gave them a little cold medicine with antihystamine in it... and, finally, they fell asleep for several hours... which was nice for me because I nearly felt ill with exhaustion... but, it was too late for Ron. He had to leave for work. I am sure he will be ready for a nap when he gets home. The girls are in such better moods now that they have gotten some rest. Charity has had a cold, but I am not sure what was up with Faith. Glad I got some rest... I am in a much better mood, too :-)

Charity is doing FANASTIC with potty-training now!!! She occasionally has an accident, but she is basically finished with the training!!!

My little Hope turns ONE this Saturday! Can you believe it?!

I had been searching for several days for my cell phone (I had let Hope play with it when it turned up missing), and finally found it yesterday. I searched high and low, and I even went out in the rain yesterday and went through our trash dumpster thinking somehow it could have gotten thrown away... it was really gross (baby diapers are never fun to rummage through), I searched about everywhere I could think of. Then, yesterday, knowing how the girls like to play in closets, I searched through mine. I had put a laundry basket of nicely folded linens in my closet, and I could see that several articles were on the floor... so the girls HAD been in there messing around. I dug through it, and REJOICED when I spotted the familiar little pink cell phone! I felt like calling everyone I knew... then, I thought about it...
You know those Scriptures about the lady who lost the coin and she was searching EVERYWHERE until she found it, then she rejoiced!
Isn't it wonderful to know that God searches for us that way! He wants us sooo badly! He will even dig through the trash! Isn't that beautiful!
Ron pointed something else out to me. If people really want God bad enough, they will seek Him with all their hearts... they will go all out!
I love it when Scriptures seem to CLICK in a new way. It brought tears to my eyes thinking about how badly God wants us... He isn't ready to throw us away! Praise God!

No comments: