Friday, December 5, 2008

Two posts in one day...whew!

Well, what happened to Hope was... well, how do I explain it... um, the older girls were playing "manger scene" (Faith was Mary, Charity was Joseph, and poor little Hope was being forced to be Baby Jesus). Well, Baby Jesus was not appreciating "his" mangers, and I kept getting after the girls to leave Hope alone. For some reason they got into the closet with her, and in the process, smashed two of her fingers badly... I was very angry with "Mary" (She wouldn't let me call her Faith for a while) for hurting "Jesus." I became an evil ruler ready to show my power... don't worry, they didn't have to escape Bethleham. Her fingers should be okay, but it did take some skin off, and they are still red, and a little sensitive... we'll see how they look tomorrow.

Anyway, I didn't tell you that I made myself a camo skirt, face covering, and part of a shirt yesterday... bought the cheapest material I could find in Walmart, which happened to be flannel, so I was very happy that it should be warmer than the other nicer looking camo material. I am NOT a seamstress, but I like to try stuff now and then... been working on a quilt, too, but it certainly is NOT professional... I am just kind-of throwing it together and hoping for the best... It is tough to do when one had three children four years and under.

Did I mention how many baths I had to give today?! It has been a very messy day. Between potty-training accidents and baby with "stuff" going up her back, and speghetti being eaten very messily (is that a word?), and the routine daily baths, I think my children should be the cleanest in the state.

Why, oh, why, do I feel so frustrated with my children that I have to apologize, but then when they are sleeping, I just want to squeeze them. You should have seen how cute they were earlier. They fell asleep on the computer chair, and their heads were together, and well, I just had to have a picture... do any other moms have this thing going on? One moment you just can't figure out how they can be, well, so... ummm, baby-ish... why can't they get along without complaining that so-and-so is in their chair, has their toy, is in their way, you know what I mean? Then, the next moment they are like angels... kissing, hugging, telling you how great you are, how they want to be good all the time, how excited they are about Heaven, how they love Jesus, wanting to help do "jobs" in the house, playing church, entertaining the baby (without stuffing her in a box... I mean, manger), and just awesome to have around. I'm sure I did the same to my mom... it was just one of those days here.

It is almost midnight, and Hope is awake. Not sure what the problem is, but she is having trouble going to sleep and staying asleep tonight. I did let her drink some cow's milk the last couple of days (I still nurse her, I was just experimenting to see how she would like it), I am not sure if it settles well with her... sure hope that Hope ;-) goes to sleep soon!

Ron is planning to go back to work Monday!!! Can you believe it!? Fatigue will probably be the biggest issue. He got his central line out Tuesday, and, I guess all his counts are doing well. He should have his next PET in a couple of months.

1 comment:

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Oh Sarah!! Do I ever know what you are talking about. One minute you want to hang them on a nail and the next you want to squeeze them to pieces...lol. That's what being a mommy is all about I guess. I trust the baby will be ok. One time whne Katie was crawling still, we were at a friends house and Tricia and their daughter caught Katies hand under the door to the bedroom. The door was fairly tight to the floor and it really hurt Katie. She would cry every time she got on the floor to crawl from the pressure on her hand. I was really worried something might be broken but she was fine within a day or two. There is always something to worry about with babies.

Glad to hear that Ron is feeling better. We are still praying for him. Talk to you soon.