Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas at the Cooks

Well, since I just left a massive comment on my friend's blog, I realized that I could share some fun information with you all.

First of all, our house got decorated for Christmas BEFORE Thanksgiving this year. The children have been having way too much fun with the tree... It is probably not something you would ever see in a catalog... just fun for the kids.

Planning to only get each child two things for Christmas... they don't need anything really, but my two older children have been praying for something. Faith has been earnestly praying for a guitar... pink, at that! Charity is praying for a violin. Well, Faith's guitar and Charity's toy violin are proudly being hidden in my closet. I am a little disappointed in the guitar, as it has a crack in the paint around the neck and looks like it would be pretty easy for a pre-schooler to break... but it is pink and 25 inches, and rather cute... now I need to get it tuned. I found both items online. Hope's is getting a musical octopus and a classical music CD for babies. Charity is also getting a set of Berenstein Bears books that I ordered from Focus on the Family. Faith WAS going to get finger paints, but I let them use them today... oops! I was hoping to preoccupy them while I cleaned their room. (I am getting rid of some more toys and clothes, and don't want them to mourn their disappearances, but they have A LOT of stuff!)

Here's a piece of information that might interest you in some sort of way. I, Sarah, have my hunting license... yes, I, Sarah, may have the privilege this year of getting a big buck!!! I actually target practiced with a crossbow the other day, and found it quite fun.

I do have a some fear of guns since I went to a little four old's funeral a few years ago. It was a family Ron and I visited and brought several of the children to church, and, sadly, the twelve year old accidently shot the four year old. I still remember that little boy's constant runny nose when we would visit their home. I had never been to a funeral with such a small casket. I felt badly for the child who shot him, too, as I know he must have felt terrible... Don't know how the child got access to the gun, but, anyway... let's talk about something else...

Has any of you ever been bit by a spider? Nearly two weeks ago, I got these terribly itchy, yet painful spots on my back. Thought it would just go away, but they were miserable. Finally went to the doctor yesterday to see what was up. She said it could have been shingles resolving or it could be a spider bite. Since they were so itchy and there was only one small area with three spots, it must be spider.

Baby Hope just got hurt. Gotta go!

2 comments:

Martha C said...

I got such a kick out of what your kids want for Christmas; the wishes are so cute! Enjoyed your update.

Anonymous said...

You are such a treasure! I love to see life through your eyes. Thanks for the happy post. You made me smile. =) Love you!