Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Needing a pattern or name of website

This is on the lighter side of things (compared to the previous post), but I am in need of a pattern for little girls bloomers... I tried to make some last night without a pattern and with the children sleeping, and they turned out too snug. If you know of a website, store, or someone who makes them at a decent price, I would be interested in that, too. I am looking for a knee length, old fashioned style... some dressy, and some play. It is going to be getting too warm soon for my girls to wear their thick tights, and I am wanting to do bloomers this year under their dresses and skirts... so they may ride their bikes, do somersauts, and play without worry about modesty. Also, what kind of material do you, ladies, think would be best? I don't want something that will make them feel too warm, but I would like to make some that would be durable and comfortable. Just one of those things Mommies with many little girls have to think about! When girls are little, it is nice, because you can buy skirts with shorts sewn inside, but, as they get older, it is not so simple.
I will be looking forward to your thoughts.

2 comments:

Liz said...

There is a pattern out there - a lady at our church has it, but I wouldn't be able to get the number till next week. I've found bike shorts that worked nicely as well.

Liz said...

I also can't remember the type of fabric I've bought for them in the past, but I'll remember eventually. :>)