Tuesday, April 28, 2009

WE SAW ONE!!!

We were out on a family night tonight... stopped at a very nice park for a few minutes (even though it was a bit wet from all the rain). It was definitely a fun-looking park! Then, we all went out to eat at Ci-Ci's (they had a good deal going on), and that was yummy! On the way home, we drove through a park with a lake not far from our house. This area is a big attraction because a family of bald eagles have made their home in that area. We have been looking to see these eagles for about as long as we have lived in this mobile home. On the way home, I saw a blackish bird flying over a lake near where the eagles' nest is. I yelled to Ron, "I think that is it! That is it!" And, on and on I went, in great excitement as we pulled off to the side of the highway to watch that majestic white-headed eagle fly over the lake and perch itself on top of a tree! Too bad I didn't have my camera! Absolutely awesome!!! Ron was happy about finally getting a good view of it, as well.
For those of you waiting to read the results of Ron's PET, his follow-up appointment isn't until Monday... blaaa! I still don't like waiting!

MOM TIP:
If you go to our church, and notice that my girls' hair looks oily this Wednesday, it is called baby oil! I sometimes do this to their hair if their scalp seems dry or scaly... I am picky about the cleanliness of my children, and do not like flaky scalps! So, if I think it is necessary, I will put baby oil in their hair, and take a fine toothed comb and scrape their scalps to loosen any junk (hairspray, build-up, etc.) and to moisturize the skin, then, I give them a bath... it takes a few baths to get all the oil out, but I think it works great. I VERY rarely do this, but, tonight I did... thus, greasy hair! I think it works well on cradle cap as well. Dirty hair, dirty teeth, and smelly bodies are pet-peives of mine! Some folks think I bathe my children too much, but I can't help it! At least I usually don't give them more than one bath a day... well, except Hope... I think I have given her up to three baths a day, I believe, because she gets messy very fast! Lately, I have been letting the girls bathe themselves alot, so I think that is how their scalps got yucky! Anyway, the point is...
1. The oily hair is due to baby oil.
2. Yes, I know what I am doing.
3. If your child has cradle cap or a yucky scalp (not from a disease or bugs!), then, try baby oil and a fine-toothed comb... I think it works great!

Oh, no, I put my children to bed to read for a while and they have fallen asleep, and I haven't brushed their teeth yet! Gotta go and get that evening chore done before I forget and their teeth rot overnight! This isn't the first time I have awakened the children to brush their teeth! They should be used to it by now! They will thank me later, I hope!

2 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Thanks for your sweet comment. I have enjoyed reading over your blog again.

That was a cute princess picture of your little girl.

Missy said...

I agree about the baby oil and fine tooth comb. I have used that method on my kids many times and still do. Of course...I have 2 boys so it does make the greasy hair issue easier. lol! It is a very affective method.

Very cool that you saw an Eagle. glad you finally got to.

Will be praying about the results of Ron's testing.