Monday, April 27, 2009

Sigh!

I don't want to complain, but I had a tough weekend... everyone was grumpy! Our electric went out Saturday evening, and finally was repaired Sunday (not that I am into working on Sundays, but our food was going bad, and I was thankful to have it back!).
I took Hope to Urgent Care Saturday, because I thought she had chickenpox, which IS what the doc wrote down as his impression, but he thought it could also be bugbites (not spiders, though)... I don't have pets (except a fish), so it's probably not fleas, but they did play outside the day before. Then, today, I heard Hope crying, and caught Faith fastening her in a stroller... which would not have been a big deal since Hope likes strollers, but since all she had on was a diaper, Faithy had accidently fastened the baby's skin in the seat belt... OUCH! Well, the blister that followed resembles the previous marks thought to be chicken pox... I wonder... hmmm... maybe, just maybe, this poor baby may have been pinched before a couple of times! So much for the $10 donated to an urgent care that didn't know much more than I did about these spots. Oh, well... I was just trying to be careful and be a good Mommy.
Faith got her stitches out... Ron took her, and said she did okay... she talked them into not tying her down providing she cooperated with them.
We went to my neice's 10th birthday party Saturday, and I had made her a purse out of my silky pink wedding material, and using some flowers from it, as well. She seemed very pleased! She has been wanting me to make her one ever since her little sister received a red and black purse I made her for Christmas. Her little sister carries her purse like its her favorite. (I had made that one out of an old dress of mine, and I use cloth diapers as padding to make the purses thick.) I personalize them, too. One had her initials sewn on, and the other one I stitched her name on... sooo wish I had pictures of the one I just made to show you what I mean.
Ron's PET scan is today... actually, his is on his way to the hospital now... maybe this is one reason we were so stressed this weekend... and, you know how children can sense stress and it can affect them... I am sure this is one of the reasons our weekend was a little difficult.
I will say that my afternoon yesterday, was very nice. After church we ate with some of our church folk, due to our electric problem... the fellowship was WONDERFUL! I was supposed to have company at my place, but had to cancel. It was nice of the folks who were staying at the church to allow us to stay with them... I drank in the fellowship like a dehydrated, cooped up mom! I felt revived! Sounds silly, I know! But, in my heart, I was REALLY longing for someone to invite me for a visit, just as friends... but, not everyone wants to have 3 children messing around their house... I have really learned that! My little people are precious and bring lots of joy to me, but they have energy... like all children should, and like to play and explore...
SPEAKING OF WHICH... OH, NO! THEY JUST DUMPED ALMOST A WHOLE BOTTLE OF HAIRSPRAY ON HOPE! THAT IS A BAD KIND OF EXPLORING! GOTTA GO!

No comments: