Tuesday, August 25, 2009

cards

If those who who like our address to send Ron a card or an "I'm prayin' for ya" note, would kindly email me, I think that would be the easiest way for me to send out our address. I won't put it on my blog... but, I would be very happy to email it to you. Email us at theroncookfamily@yahoo.com
It may be another 3 weeks, it sounds like, before he will be put in... but, we won't know for sure until that PET on Monday and he meets with the transplant doctor on Tuesday. Once he is in the hospital, then you may send the notes directly there at The James Cancer Center.... I will try to give that address when the time comes.
Yesterday, Ron and I went on a date... alone! Nice! And, today, we had family pictures taken... still have to order the ones we want, but at least, they have been taken! Had them done at Wal-Mart. Say, those are at least two of my birthday wishes! Thank you, Ron! I don't think he realizes he is completing some list! Tonight, we all went to GBS's revival... very good... even with squirming children.
Thank you all for your sweet comments! It means more than you know... one of mine and Ron's love languages are words of affirmation and care... powerful!
I haven't done well on my diet thing the last couple of days... grrr! I really need to do this... it really is important. Sounds petty compared to Ron's cancer... but, preventing a preventable illness is a good idea, don't ya think?! I have to stay well for my children's sake!
Thanks again for praying for us... it is the most powerful thing you can do for us! Perhaps the only thing you can do... the most important... and, that is really what we need more than anything.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Awww...a date night! Those are so fun. Doesn't get to happen very often, does it?! lol!