Friday, August 14, 2009

Feeling adventurous

When I say "adventurous" you might think I did one of my old before-I-was-married-and-had-children stunts... like flying off to New Mexico to live with people I didn't even know, or walking to GBS from Cincinnati State up Liberty Street alone (that was crazy!), or allowing myself to float down a river to look like I needed help during a canoe trip with GBS (I was not in the canoe!) just so the GBS boys would come and rescue me (weird, I know!), or finding a new crush during my first mission's trip (to Taiwan)... that crush was RON! and riding on mopeds with Asian people I didn't even know. I say an adventure yesterday was driving over an hour... perhaps a couple of hours... to somewhere to visit people who didn't even know I was coming and my husband didn't know I was going. I surprised a few folk at GBS... then, I drive more, and totally surprised one of my best friend in the world, who is also my sister-in-law, Rebecca! I had not been to their home for over a year, and the last time I saw her was at a family reunion nearly a year ago! We talk often on the phone, but rarely get to see each other. Wes, my brother, wasn't home, so we just let our many children scream and play and enjoy each other! She served us supper, we did back rubs, she served me yummy coffee (It was awesome!), and really had a blast!!! She was so surprised that when she answered the door she was speachless for a few seconds! It was soooo worth the trip! Even if I did get lost going there. Ron was busy last evening, so I knew he wouldn't be home for supper anyway, so I was good there. He actually seemed okay with my taking off like that! He is a good hubby! He knows that is very rare of me, and he knows I am not going to end up in California or something.
Anyway, it has been a wild week! House cleaning yesterday morning, then Faith's piano lession, then off to the Cinci area. Faith has started kindergarten, we did the tent thing, Ron has been working, and working, and working, and doing ministry... some days I hardly see him!, and it has just been a busy week... I am thinking a trip to the Wright Pat Airforce Museum is another adventure I might try soon (it is REALLY close to my house!), and I know the girls would love it! I know, because they point over there often when we drive by.
I got up early this morning and wrote Ron a love letter and had devotions with him (went back to bed when he left for work), and I have been realizing more what a great guy I have been given to be a help meet to... Thank You, Jesus! He is top notch! A real man! There is noone like Ron Cook! Just ask around! His style of ministering, preaching, fathering, working, and everything is just unique! He is outspoken and confident, but reliable, gentle, faithful, and giving. He is strong, and he knows it... I think he likes to show off for me! (Perhaps it stems from his 4th in the State wrestling days and football training... he just doesn't give up!) I am so glad he is still going strong... cancer or no cancer! That is my man, and I am proud of him.
Just thought I would brag for a moment since it's my blog and I can do that!
Alright, I had better get busy! Have a good one!

3 comments:

Missy said...

What a great post and I love it that you bragged on your hubby! So wonderful! My word, girl!!! You did have an adventure! Wow...I am glad that you were able to see your friends.

Anonymous said...

Blessed to be one of those surprised folks at GBS. It was so good to see you! Sorry you caught me at such a busy moment. Really enjoyed this post. So glad you got to spend some quality time with Rebecca. And feel free to brag on your husband any time. As you said, it's your blog. =) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Sarah you crack me up. I rememeber those back rubs my sisters didn't like it when I came home from GBS because I always wanted them to give me back massages. My Uncle got transfered back to Dayton Airforce base so hopefully someday I might be able to make it up that way. Take Care:)