Monday, August 31, 2009

If your happy and you know it...

smile.
Jesus is giving me strength today. It is awesome watching my children soak up what they are learning in home-school... in mama style! I am catechising my children. Seriously! I ordered it from Bob Jones, and they have to respond to the Bible Truths verbatim, and Faith is doing it with flying colors!!! We are doing 5 new questions a week. The other subjects I have been using are mostly A Beka... my daughter writes in cursive, can tell time somewhat, and is learning things that many public schools would not teach until 2nd grade... I know because I went to public school from Kindergarten to 12th grade... I remember in high school how some teachers REALLY slacked, allowing us to just watch wretched videos and play cards. Some teachers did excellent jobs, while others had no business "teaching." Well, my daughter is only in kindergarten and is excelling quick! It is not easy to keep up with everything, but I am loving it. I am also teaching them the ABC Bible verses from A Beka... I am so proud of Charity's memorizing them with Faith! She is only 3, but catching on quick! I have been pushing Faith hard because Ron is supposed to go into the hospital soon, and I might have go take time off school while he is in the hospital. She is way ahead now in her work, so we are good to go. I am happy to be my children's teacher!
I am happy, 'cause Jesus met my heart's need last night as I responded to his prompting to go and pray at the alter.
I am happy, 'cause Children's Church went well yesterday morning.
I am happy, 'cause Jesus answered our prayers for Ron's stem cells to come in.
I am happy, 'cause I can trust Jesus.
I am happy, 'cause I am loosing weight again.
I am happy, taking my vitamins, herbs, mineral, anti-oxidants, and exercising, knowing that I am doing a good thing for myself... and, feeling better.
I am happy, because it is well with my soul.
I have mourned so much since Ron's diagnosis nearly 2 years ago, and every relapse brings another wave. His battle has had so many ups and downs, and like life in general, it can be uncertain. There have been times that I wondered if I could possibly handle the stress, pain, and waves of life... but, today, I feel some strength... could it possibly be that YOU are to blame for this sense of strength... could it be that God's people have been lifting us to the Throne and praying for us?! I just know you are! Thank you!!! Thank you so very much! Prayer is powerful... but, only if you are praying to the One True God... and, I know many of you are interceding in prayer for us. It means so much!

2 comments:

Liz said...

I've been keeping up with your journey, but not commenting faithfully (Shame on me!), but I'm thinking of you guys and praying God will be glorified at every step in your journey.

You have every reason to be so proud of Faith! We decided to order the BJU hard drive - I was really struggling to keep up with everything, and Darrell thought that would just be better.

I would like your card receiving addresses, if you don't mind. My e-mail address is iluvdarrell@sbcglobal.net

Sending hugs your way!

Missy said...

I am very happy for the strength you feel right now! I do pray for you and Ron...every day!

Homeschooling is fun!!! (Sometimes I have to remind myself of that. lol!) I really do enjoy it!! All is going good here with school. Braxton takes his first test today. It does help when the child is a fast learner. Glad that you are enjoying teaching Faith!