Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The big day

Today is the big day... Ron meets with the transplant doctor, and hopefully review the results of yesterday's PET scan... this is decision making day, I guess... I am nervous! I wish sooo badly I could go with Ron, but I refuse to drag three children into the meeting... I don't know that they would be allowed anyway. Ron said that would be the only way I could come... if the children were with me. We did not get a babysitter for today's event. So, I am pouting.
You may laugh as you read this next part... it is okay... you have probably never read such a WANTED article... but, here is my WANTED article for today.
I am interested in a Christian babysitter... female... during Ron's hospital stay. I do not have a job, so I cannot really pay you... seems like an unreasonable request, I know. I would like to have them stay at my house, but that might be impossible for them. You do not have to do school-work 'cause we are ahead, the children are not allowed to be too picky about food, and only one is still in diapers... so, that will lesson your work. They are not allowed to watch regular TV (we don't own one anyway) generally, but very, very select DVDs that are educational, character building, and/or glorifies Jesus. Soda is a very rare treat. Suckers and candy that gets stuck in their teeth is limited. And, I like their teeth brushed last thing before they go to bed. Bathes daily. Uses car seats! Are not allowed to be sassy or disobedient... I would feel very sad if I got them back and they had been allowed to act that way. Holiness Christian woman preferred. I would like a resume'. HA! Physical, emotional, or abuse/neglect otherwise will be prosecuted to the fulness of the law :-) I actually might become a grissly bear if I find out someone harms my children... it will hurt! You can see why I have trouble getting babysitters :-)

Well, I have had babysitters that did not match all of this criteria, and have been a little disappointed in what happened while I was gone, but I needed them and they were available and I was thankful for their help.
There is a friend of mine in a far away land, that I so wish could be my children's caregiver for a couple of weeks... she sooo meets all of my criteria, but, plane tickets aren't free... oh, well. I will pray. I want to be with Ron as much as possible, in case something goes wrong, and also because this treatment is so beastly that I want him to know his children are well cared for and safe and that I am by his side. He would not be able to relax if he thought the children's care was being compromised... he would rather me stay at home with them and leave him at the hospital, then to have a questionable person caring for them. He's a good daddy. I do have a couple of offers and I think my girls will be excited to hear who wants to play with them for a day... I like things pre-planned, so I will have to work out the schedule, and get back with those fine Christian friends of ours!
There is today's prayer request is that the person(s) that God wants for the job would email me. I am hoping not to toss my children around too much this time... they were a little emotional the last time that happened.

3 comments:

Missy said...

I will pray that you find the right woman for the job. God is able to send you someone that fits all of your needs. I understand how you must be pulled in a million different directions and again I want to remind you that I pray for you and Ron every day. During my morning devotions.

Martha C said...

Well, my friend, I am finally landing in blogville again. Hmmm. . .has that babysitter just moved a bit north? :-) I wish I could help as well! I cannot imagine being torn like you are, but I think I'd go with the kids' safety as well. Love ya.

Sarah Cook said...

Well, how about that... there is my friend from a far-away land! Good to see you revive back into the world of blogging! You think your family would notice if you disappeared for like 2-3 weeks?!