Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hold on to your seats...

We are doing serious thinking and are praying about this transplant, chemo, and radiation thing. Ron is not certain it is what he wants to do. It feels a little like a gamble... you throw the dice and you either live or die or die slowly with this thing, and it is about as clear as mud to us. Right now, no for sure cancer is showing up on the last two PET scans, Ron is extremely active... he works, ministers, helps me and others, and enjoys his children and family. This thing could ruin all that for him for a long time or kill him. We know what the doctor said about it being the only way to cure him... but, does it make it the best choice?! Ron wants to know what I think... I just don't know either... but, I told him that whatever he chooses, I will support him in that choice. Ron is a wise man, and he likes to think things through very carefully.
Please, pray that we will have wisdom and clarity in this.
I will plan to let you know what his choice is in the future. I wanted to let you know what was going on here so you are not totally shocked if we say that he decided not to go through with it. I know that this might upset some folk, but if you have never walked in this path, it will be hard for you to understand. He might still go through with it... but, we are just not sure right now... we know of others who have refused this because of its harshness. I can't blame him for doubting the wisdom in all this. It is a roller-coaster ride that we have been on and I am weary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you guys! You are wise to really think this through. I pray God's wisdom for you both as you journey through this. Sometimes the most "obvious" choice may not be the right one. I pray that God will make things very clear to you and that you will have peace with whatever you choose. Love you!

Missy said...

God can for sure show you what is right for you. You are doing the right thing by thinking about it and making sure of what you want to do and what God's plan is.

Still praying for a miracle...