Thursday, September 24, 2009

I like good news...

Just a few lines here.
I was told that my aunt is talking!!! And, no more respirator... Aunt Cathy, if you read this, if I have been spelling your name incorrectly, please forgive me... wasn't sure if you have a C or a K at the front of your name... that is bad, huh? I don't know that I have ever bragged on being a fantastic speller anyway... I like grammar, but, even that fails at this time of the night... who cares about punctuation, spelling, conjugation, and the correct format of sentences after midnight? I am just glad to hear that you are doing better! You are very much loved! Here is a long distance hug to you XXXX. We love you!
If anyone else wants to call me with good news, I will be glad to receive it. Lately, it seems that most people have bad news... I mean, can we take a break from all the trauma?!
Mom is scheduled to see the cardiologist Monday, and I guess she will probably have a heart cath whenever they schedule it. Dad still isn't feeling great since his heart attacks.
Ron is going to a Men's Retreat. I am so glad that it is scheduled before his transplant! I hope it is encouraging and relaxing to him... we all know he could use it... not sure if he can actually make himself not work for a couple of days... he's such a go-getter, busy, productive kind of guy... I really tried to encourage him to go to this thing, and I won... I love it when that happens! I have the next few days so booked for me and the girls that I think it is going to fly by! We are going to visit my brother's family, and do all sort-of stuff. I am actually excited to show the girls what is on the schedule! Call it a little vacation of a sort.
God has been good to us... we don't know what lies ahead, but the Bible says we can trust Jesus. So, I guess I better flop this load I have been carrying on His lap, 'cause I have no clue what to do with it. I am just wasting my energy and mind trying to figure everything out, and in the meantime, I have been often leaving out the One Who knows exactly what to do with it all. I need some sleep, and I guess carrying this massive load isn't conducive to sleep. So, FLOP, and goodnight!

1 comment:

Martha C said...

I am so glad you're getting some good news! :-) I'm really glad Ron is going to the retreat as well. Did you mention when the transplant is?