Friday, September 25, 2009

"FUN DAYS"

Excuse the strange order of these pictures. The above pic was taken at Franklin Bible Methodist Church's new family building.
Some of these photos were taken at McDonald's playland.











Faith with her piano teacher, Darla Stroup.
The above hairstyle stayed in her hair for a few days.












I am calling what we have been doing since Ron has been at his retreat "fun days" to the kids, because I have been going out and doing lots of fun stuff with them, just because I want to. Yesterday, we went to Faith's piano lesson, then we went to my brother's house. I took lots of pictures! The kids got to play and eat with Wes and Rebecca's children, and I took pictures of their children and printed them with my little picture printer contraption. It is not professional, but they still turned out really cool, I think.
We got home late last night. Then this morning, I made the girls help clean the house up so we could go out for a fun day. We went to a large McDonald's Play-land, then to a Metro-Park/farm. It was amazing. They have animals, a lake you can fish in without a fishing licence, trails, and people dressed up like the late 1800s. They also have a children's interactive room with an old school-room/house/barn set up inside. The girls had a blast!
I ran into a complication with keeping my children together a few times... I just need one or two more arms, and I would be set. Once was at McD... that was so embarrassing... here I was trying to order our food, and they were giving me a hard time... that was one of those moments that I just really needed Ron to hold the baby for me so I could get the food without dropping it, but we made it. Another time was when we went to leave the lake, and Faith collapsed on the ground for some reason and just sat there. I just kept walking without her (it was raining) and brought the rest of the children to the van, fastened them in, turned on the van, got in, and acted as though I was going to leave her. That got her moving! Of course, I would never leave a 5 year old at some park (anyone who would do that must be out of their mind!), but she was not quite so sure at that moment. She received discipline upon her arrival and a lecture on how dangerous it is to not stay close to your parents when you are little and obey, but then, we went on with our fun day. She was really tired, and all of the children fell asleep in the van when we left. We went thriftstore shopping after I discovered the libraries were already closed, and I got some cheesy toddler video for the kids, and though I found it annoying the kids enjoyed watching it when we got home and ate supper. I also bought them some other stuff. (Why is it so fun to buy stuff for your children?) Then, it was time to get their teeth brushed, have a Bible story, and all those night-time things, and go to bed. Then, I could have time to read my Bible and pray.
It was a packed day, and tomorrow I have more fun things planned.
If all of this bored you to pieces, I am sorry, but I was really proud of myself for all the things I did with my children today without anybody with me... well, I had Jesus with me... believe me, I did some praying for help the past couple of days... my children might have their Mommy's prayers of "Please, Jesus, I need Your help" all the time so ingrained in their minds, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't start saying it soon. I really need Jesus' help in everything! He did help me and the children. They had so much fun!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Hi! Just wanted to drop by your blog and say I am So sorry I missed talking to you a couple weeks ago at church,. When I wanted to talk to you, someone had already gotten to you first. So while I was waiting my turn, I struck up a conversation with someone else, and then...you were already gone! Anyway, we really enjoyed having Ron speak on Sun night. He really does such a good job. And he appears healthy..he's good at covering it up I guess :) Anyway, just wanted to say hi and we pray for you all. Every time I visit your blog I say a quick prayer for you all. What is the name of that nature center or park that you visited? That you just posted pics from? It looks really fun. I would love to take my kids there. Thanks and have a blessed day!