Monday, September 21, 2009

When it rains, it pours... and, there's a storm here!

"The EKG wasn't normal. Mom has to have a heart cath now. How much more can our family take?" Rachel is my reporter. My parents are in financial difficulty partially due to dad's health issues and not being able to work, and therefore, they do not have long distance phone service. My little sister, who is a manager at a McDonald's "down home," has long distance and she keeps me posted somewhat on Dad, Aunt Cathy, and Mom. It is crazy how life can have its twists and turns! I call "home" often, too, to check up on my folks and for a report on my aunt.

However, I have some fun news... I feel inspired for another round of Children's Church. If you go to our church, please save your cereal boxes! If you have a cereal bar recipe, please share them with me. Electa, I need you to make me a life-size race car. Amy S, I will need your assistance with baby Hope again. ThaJustify Fullnks, Rebecca M and Melodie Y, for running through my thoughts over the phone with me... Rebecca, you saved me on a few things, thanks! I am sooo very excited! The theme is JUMP START: BREAKFAST! Don't tell the children yet... I don't want to spoil the fun! I felt that the Lord may have given me the fresh idea last night as I sat looking at all the cereal the Roofs gave us. It hit me that there was a fresh idea there, and I prayed for what I should do, and I ran with it. I have the Bible lesson ideas ready, I know what character story I want, I know what CD I want to buy for the songs, I have verses picked out, some ideas for treats, and drew an outline for the decor for the classroom. The skeleton of the next series is ready... just need to fill in the blanks! SOOOO, excited! I have like maybe 5 weeks to get it all ready to go! I love this stuff. Although, I am having a little trouble with the bulletin board ideas, but, I am sure it'll come to me! This is something that just really helps take the sorrow off my heart with all the pain in my life right now... it is the numbing medicine and the boost... and, I am really glad! I need Children's Church as much as it needs me.

1 comment:

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Hey Sarah. Mom and I were just talking about you (in a good way) this morning wondering how you were holding up and how Ron is doing. We are ever praying for you and Ron. I think about you often. Love all the pictures of the girls. My goodness, your baby has gotten so big. She has a beautiful head of hair. Loved the picture of Ron and Faith napping. So many memories to cherish. Keep us posted on Ron and keep yourself uplifted. Take care. Love you.